Official Review: Whispers by Aram Keledjian

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AlexisMommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexismommy.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Official Review: Whispers by Aram Keledjian

Post by AlexisMommy »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Whispers" by Aram Keledjian.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I just finished Whispers by Aram Keledjian with a score 3 out of 4.

The story follows a young boy named Henry White and his grandfather living in modern times. The grandfather at one point feels it is time to tell the boy his family backstory and what he truly is. The grandfather starts telling the story of how a group of men (including his two sons) went on a hiking expedition to find gold in a cave that another member of the group recommended. When they get to the caves that were supposedly mined previously, they notice that the ground was untouched and it looked like no one had been there in years. Although the Grandfather was wary, they end up going into the cave and falling through the floor and falling several hundred feet. In the bottom of this hole they find these beautiful blue stones. It is there and then, their lives change forever.

One of my favorite characters in the book was Mickey. The author was able to express in their writing what a real teenager would be like in high school. Mickey was quirky, a motormouth, overzealous and a good friend. One of my least favorite characters in the book was Duke. I think I caught on to him early on, but didn't fully realize it until his big moment in the book.

The reason I gave it a 3 out of 4 was because it never provided any backstory about how the blue stones changed them into what they now are. Did you just have to touch them to be changed? Did you only have to be in the same room as them? There was also a quirky moment in the story line when the police officer showed up at Henry's home out of curiosity and immediately made him attend the high school without any consultation. Another thing that was brought up was the pointy ears. At first I thought they were elves and had to reread it again.

I am hoping that there is another book that is coming. This book was quite interesting and entertaining. Once you find out what Henry and his Grandfather really are, it added so much more to the story. The ending of this book left it open for that to happen. More could happen with Henry and his new found love and the news reporter lady, or is she?

Whispers
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble

Like AlexisMommy's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”