Crimson Spear Blood and Sand Book 1 by Jon Kiln

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Crimson Spear Blood and Sand Book 1 by Jon Kiln

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Crimson Spear
Blood and Sand Book 1
by Jon Kiln

This book Crimson Spear the first book of the Blood and Sand series follows the life of the character named Vekal Morson who after his family is killed escapes to the safety of the town of Tir'an'fal where he is trained to be a Sin eater. Vekal is only seven years old when he arrives. Twenty years later the Menaali army led by Dal Grehb overthrows the city and takes over leaving only a few with their lives. Vekal's life is spared because of his Sin-Eating ability. Dal commands Vekal to heal his daughter who is possessed by a demon. Vekal acomplished this feat only to find that he now carries the demon. Vekal escapes the town and goes to Fuldoon. The demon he carries is named Ikrit. It seems the army of Dal Grehb is not far behind. I found this book Crimson Spear to be an excellent story with characters that I could relate to. My favorite character in the book was Vekal. My least favorite was Ikrit. Some of my favorite lines from the book. “It felt to him as though they might be about to fight not men and women, but a swarm or a plague or an act of nature itself; a terrible, unstoppable storm.” And of course Vekal's code. “I will cast no shadow, for the dead have nothing to hide. My feet will leave no tracks in the sand, for there is no way back. Death shall come for me and I will welcome it, because I know its halls.” The ending is a surprise. I have rated this book of the master storyteller Jon Kiln titled Crimson Spear a solid 5 stars. I would enjoy reading more of the works of Jon Kiln.

Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”