Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aikopup
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aikopup.html

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Post by aikopup »

Wow what a trip down memory lane! Being someone who grew up in arcades, had game systems starting with Pong, Atari, ColecoVision and the NES, this book really sparked memories of quarters and 8-bit awesome. This is a great ride through gaming history and 80's culture, all cleverly disguised in a neodepressed, gloomy future story. This book left me horribly torn. I really would love to see it adapted to a full blown Hollywood blockbuster, but at the same time I'm mortified at the prospect of Hollywood screwing up an amazing nostalgia trip. I know they're planning on a movie already and I'm praying that it lives up to the fact that Wil Wheaton narrated the audiobook. I mean, how awesome is that! If you grew up blowing every quarter you ever had trying to get extra lives at an arcade machine, then you would live this book as much as I did, I'm sure!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplicated topic

Ready Player One
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”