Revival By Stephen King

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bjames8291
Bookshelf Size: 0

Revival By Stephen King

Post by bjames8291 »

This to me was a really great book. It started off really fast, there was great substance to the book, the only real complaint I have is that toward the end it slowed down quiet a bit. All in all this was a great addition to Stephen Kings bibliography. He definitely delivered a real thriller with this one, and snuck in some facts as well as fiction. Great read, and definitely worth your time.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

bjames8291 wrote: 19 Jun 2016, 12:17 This to me was a really great book. It started off really fast, there was great substance to the book, the only real complaint I have is that toward the end it slowed down quiet a bit. All in all this was a great addition to Stephen Kings bibliography. He definitely delivered a real thriller with this one, and snuck in some facts as well as fiction. Great read, and definitely worth your time.
I have not read this one yet, but I'm a huge fan. Can't wait!
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
Melissa Breen
Currently Reading: World War Z
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-breen.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Melissa Breen »

I've read most of Stephen Kings bibliography but I haven't read this one yet, I'll have to add it to my list! I find most Stephen King books go a bit wonky at the end.
Astrolorraine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astrolorraine.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Astrolorraine »

Honestly, this has become my favorite of his recent (post-2000) work! Although I haven't read the Mercedes trilogy yet and that is supposed to be awesome. It was so satisfying to not have a bloated doorstopper book a la Under the Dome or Dreamcatcher, without an Alien Ex Machina at the end, AND with several Dark Tower references! I swooned. All the characters are great as usual, and I loved all the science thrown in. I was half expecting the story to be a different take on the Pet Sematary theme, which is probably intentional given the title, but no. I really liked how the end played out. This book is severely underrated in my opinion.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”