Best books of the genre that you've read?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
matthews_baldochi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Best books of the genre that you've read?

Post by matthews_baldochi »

please make indications of their favorite books, thank you !!!

:techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Post by srm628 »

I don't know if this counts as Sci-Fi and Fantasy, but the Rot and Ruin series by Jonathan Maberry is pretty good. It's a zombie series. I read up to the third book before kind of just stopping. I think there is four in the series, so I did read most of them. Definitely worth the read.
LittleBookDruid
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by LittleBookDruid »

I am currently obsessed with The Raven Cycle books by Maggie Stiefvater. But can't say about favs, they keep changing as I read.
Oh.. and I would definitely recommend checking out VE Shcwab. She definitely is one of my fav authors. Everything with her name on the cover must be amazing.
LotusX
Currently Reading: Dune
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lotusx.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by LotusX »

The Dark Tower by Stephen King used to be my absolute favorite series in the fantasy genre, but after reading Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives (in progress series - 2/10 books) - The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance - I am completely and utterly hooked. It has done something I thought no other series could ever do and that is to displace The Dark Tower. Sanderson's world building skills are incredible. The storyline is amazing as are the characters. Much like TDT series, I felt as if the characters were waiting for me to come back and pick up the book. I had just heard a blurb about the second book, Words of Radiance, about two years ago and wanted to get it. My husband said "isn't this the second book in the series? Read the first book first to see if you even like it." So, I did... and honestly, it did take me awhile to get into the book. Maybe 100-200 pages. He kind of throws you into the world and you have to work your way through it as if you're a visitor. And ironically, when my husband started reading it after I told him he'd probably like it, it was immediately hooked on it. Like, after the first chapter. I know Sanderson's most famous works are the Mistborn series, but honestly, they don't hold a candle to Stormlight.
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

LotusX wrote:The Dark Tower by Stephen King used to be my absolute favorite series in the fantasy genre, but after reading Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives (in progress series - 2/10 books) - The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance - I am completely and utterly hooked. It has done something I thought no other series could ever do and that is to displace The Dark Tower.
I completely agree!! I also randomly came across The Way of Kings by a recommendation from one of these forums and thought I'd give it a go. It had me completely hooked. After finishing the first two I had to go back and read them again. You just know that each character has more to give and it makes you so impatient to read the next one in the series!

It's been a while since I've read a fantasy series of such calibre since Stephen King's Dark Tower, and Patrick Rothfus' The Name of the Wind
ffcfran
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ffcfran »

The demon-born series by L.C. Hibbett is amazing! everyone should read it.
ReadtoLive
Bookshelf Size: 531
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readtolive.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by ReadtoLive »

For me, the best sci fi would be Joan Vinge's series "The Snow Queen", and best fantasy would be Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings".
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”