Official Review: Crossing in Time

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3840
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Re: Official Review: Crossing in Time

Post by truebookaddict »

Wow! Thanks for the terrific review. Makes me so glad I nabbed the book today. I like that it sounds like a very intelligently written book and that things get complicated and intricate at times. I like a book that makes me think and keeps me guessing.
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I finished reading this in less than two days, and I absolutely loved it! Ms. Orton has developed an interesting world with such beautiful characters that made it challenging to put down. I will be starting book 2 today! :D
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I've read a couple of your previous reviews as well and I'd just like to say- you do very well! They are always well written and explained thoroughly. :)
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

Great review! I do think that science-fiction can often be a tricky genre...sometimes you feel as though the author either leaves out details or provides so many that the plot gets lost in over-explanations. It sounds like this novel provides a nice balance. Definitely sounds like one I would be interested in picking up!
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
mgolvach
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by mgolvach »

This was one of the most engaging romance novels I've read in a long time. The reason I loved it was that it worked on every level. Romance, time travel mystery, thriller, dystopian nightmare, the list goes on. The story was well told, the characters were believable and fleshed out to the perfect degree. I found Diego and Isa's romance to be absolutely adorable and miserably heart-breaking, and some times both at once (A good thing). The action is fast and direct. The dialogue is punchy, fun and on-the-money (much better than on-the-nose ;) No fumbling around with euphemistic nonsense to pander to any specific genre. And that's what I think really kept me engaged. All of the different aspects of the novel were committed to fully and the book never flinched.
I can't say very much about the book that hasn't already been said without ruining what I promise you will be a delightfully surprising ride. This book was like a favourite birthday present with lots and lots of beautiful wrapping paper. A present within a present within a present, ad infinitum.
Great review of an exceptional book. Check it out. You'll love it!
DL_Orton
Favorite Author: D.L. Orton
Bookshelf Size: 592
Reading Device: B00G2TK76A
fav_author_id: 38906

Post by DL_Orton »

Crossing In Time is free (today only) at Amazon, and the next book in the series is on sale for 99 cents.
If the book is something you think you might enjoy, now's a great time to grab a copy!
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Nice! Thank you for sharing! :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”