Official Review: The Origin of F.O.R.C.E.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Official Review: The Origin of F.O.R.C.E.

Post by CrescentMoon »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Origin of F.O.R.C.E." by Sam B Miller II.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Origin of F.O.R.C.E. by Sam B. Miller II is a science fiction thriller about an alien race known as the “Chrysallamans” from the planet Chrysalis coming to take over Earth. One of the Chrysallaman spaceships, however, accidentally crashed in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. Since then, the Chrysallamans had to go back to their home planet 30 light years away to regroup and try to come back again to colonize the Earth. They left behind a damaged spacecraft, dead Chrysallaman soldiers, and one young Chrysallaman alien behind.

The Chrysallamans are highly developed “lizard” creatures whose mental and physical capabilities far outweigh the humans. Humans are nothing but tiny, pesky bugs to these aliens. They think they can easily colonize the Earth upon their return with more spaceships and colonists. However, they underestimated the humans’ resilience. Leaving behind their old technology and the surviving 12-year old alien Chrysallaman named “Whatsit,” the human scientists, military strategists, and government bigwigs set up a plan to study and replicate the advanced alien technology and come up with solutions to give the humans a fighting chance at surviving and defeating the incoming alien threat. They estimate the next alien invasion will occur in about 65-70 years. It’s time to get cracking.

What I really enjoyed about the book was how the author took actual key points in history and embedded them into this story. For example, in actual history there was thought to be a UFO that crashed in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. This was later explained to be just a crashed weather balloon. In the story however, this “weather balloon” is in fact a Chrysallaman spaceship that crashed and thus began the subsequent events.

This book could use some more editing. I spotted some typos and grammatical errors but they were few and far between and were not distracting. One of the major mistakes I noticed is that at one point, the aliens described orbiting spaceships around one of the moons from the sixth planet from the sun which was later described as Jupiter. However, Jupiter is the fifth planet from the sun, not the sixth. There was a lot of biology and physics used to describe the technology and how it works. As someone with a background in biology, it was enjoyable to read about DNA and gene sequencing. Some of the physics did go over my head but everything was explained and cleverly written.

I really enjoyed reading about the characters, especially the alien Whatsit. He grew to be an incredibly important ally of the humans and Earth and it was so sweet to see how he defended and stood up for his beliefs. There was also some humorous dialogue between other characters which was a pleasure to read. The humor broke up the seriousness of the incoming alien invasion nicely. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this book to science fiction lovers. This is one of the most creative and intelligent science fictions books I have ever read and I was extremely impressed to learn that this is the author’s debut novel. There is a sequel to this novel in the works and I look forward to reading it.

The Origin of F.O.R.C.E.
View: on Bookshelves

Like CrescentMoon's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Sam B Miller II
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Origin of F.O.R.C.E.

Post by Sam B Miller II »

Thank you so much for your kind words. They are humbly appreciated!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Great review, CrescentMoon! I'm glad you enjoyed the book.
What I really enjoyed about the book was how the author took actual key points in history and embedded them into this story.
I love this too when reading!
I'm not sure if Science Fiction is for me as I haven't read much in that genre, but this book sounds promising! :)
Congratulations to the author in receiving such a positive review! :tiphat:
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Sam B Miller II
Currently Reading:
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Origin of F.O.R.C.E.

Please let me softly coax you into taking a leap of faith on the book and trying it out. :-) Sam Miller
bluemel4
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

This is such a great review. I love that this book embraces space travel and aliens in true science fiction form. What I especially like is the emphasis on science. Congratulations @"Sam B Miller II" for the great review.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Sam B Miller II
Currently Reading:

Thank you for the words of encouragement!
CrescentMoon

Post by CrescentMoon »

Sam B Miller II wrote:Thank you so much for your kind words. They are humbly appreciated!
Absolutely! This book was really fun to read :)
hsimone wrote:Great review, CrescentMoon! I'm glad you enjoyed the book.
I love this too when reading! I'm not sure if Science Fiction is for me as I haven't read much in that genre, but this book sounds promising! :)
Thank you for the kind words hsimone. If you ever do want to venture into reading the science fiction genre I highly recommend reading this book. It is action-filled and extremely entertaining. You won't be disappointed :)
bluemel4 wrote:This is such a great review. I love that this book embraces space travel and aliens in true science fiction form. What I especially like is the emphasis on science. Congratulations @"Sam B Miller II" for the great review.
Thank you bluemel4! This book definitely did encompass everything I look for in a science fiction book. It was very impressive.
Brittster
Currently Reading: Inkheart
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittster.html
Latest Review: "Trankarri" by Christopher Dean
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Brittster »

I am a fan of science fiction/fantasy and this book sounds very interesting. I liked how the reviewer mentioned that they were surprised to learn this book was his debut because as I was simply reading the complexities and becoming intrigued in the review, I was already surprised to learn that it as a debut and I haven't even read the book yet! I will certainly be adding it to my list of books to read and hope to be starting it soon.
Latest Review: "Trankarri" by Christopher Dean
CrescentMoon

Post by CrescentMoon »

Brittster wrote:I am a fan of science fiction/fantasy and this book sounds very interesting. I liked how the reviewer mentioned that they were surprised to learn this book was his debut because as I was simply reading the complexities and becoming intrigued in the review, I was already surprised to learn that it as a debut and I haven't even read the book yet! I will certainly be adding it to my list of books to read and hope to be starting it soon.
Thank you Brittster! This book was very entertaining. If you're a fan of science fiction you will definitely enjoy this book.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

I love it already. I like science fiction and this book sounds intriguing and Whatsit seems like a very interesting character. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Sam B Miller II on such a nice book.
Sam B Miller II
Currently Reading:

I have realized something lately, and I would like to get some thoughts from you. My first book was a fun trip. The story came easily, and I wrote to please myself. Now, after reading reviews about the first book, I find myself striving not to disappoint my readers with a dismal sequel. I'm having fun with the 2nd book but now I'm concerned with pleasing others. Should I overly worry about pleasing others when I write?
CrescentMoon

Post by CrescentMoon »

kimmyschemy06 wrote:I love it already. I like science fiction and this book sounds intriguing and Whatsit seems like a very interesting character. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Sam B Miller II on such a nice book.
Thank you for the kind words kimmyschemy06. Whatsit was definitely a sweet character :)
Sam B Miller II wrote:I have realized something lately, and I would like to get some thoughts from you. My first book was a fun trip. The story came easily, and I wrote to please myself. Now, after reading reviews about the first book, I find myself striving not to disappoint my readers with a dismal sequel. I'm having fun with the 2nd book but now I'm concerned with pleasing others. Should I overly worry about pleasing others when I write?
I think part of what made the first book such a success is because you wrote for yourself and it came from the heart. I definitely wouldn't want to overly worry about pleasing others because then your writing will be shifted in a direction you don't want to go which could actually make things worse. Definitely write from the heart, you already have a great imagination :D
Sam B Miller II
Currently Reading:

Thanks for the insight. Really appreciate the advice.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

This is such a great review! This book sounds very fascinating! Congrats to the author on such a positive review.
Sam B Miller II
Currently Reading:

Thank you for the kind thoughts.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”