Urban fantasy recommendations?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RonelleAntoinette
Favorite Author: Jim Butcher
Currently Reading: From The Sky
Bookshelf Size: 136
fav_author_id: 2907

Re: Urban fantasy recommendations?

Post by RonelleAntoinette »

The Dresden Files definitely stand-alone in the beginning, but I think there are more and more little things you won't get later in the series if you don't read them in order. That could just be me, but I notice that every time I re-read the series from the beginning, I come across things that make me say "Oh, that totally makes sense from (insert whichever previous book) now". It's an excellent series however you read it, though!
MsMartha
Currently Reading: Collected Works of Algernon Blackwood (Unabridged)
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmartha.html
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MsMartha »

RonelleAntoinette wrote:The Dresden Files definitely stand-alone in the beginning, but I think there are more and more little things you won't get later in the series if you don't read them in order. That could just be me, but I notice that every time I re-read the series from the beginning, I come across things that make me say "Oh, that totally makes sense from (insert whichever previous book) now". It's an excellent series however you read it, though!
Now that I've read #1 and #12, I have to agree with you about Dresden Files--and that's the reason I try to read a series in order all the time.
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”