Last fantasy book you have read?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelcie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Last fantasy book you have read?

Post by Chelcie »

ive recently finished the study series by Maria V snyder, there are four books now, with a spin off series from a minor character. They're magical, romantic and adventurous books with some crime solving tossed in for good measure!
andriah1999
Currently Reading: School of Deaths
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andriah1999.html

Post by andriah1999 »

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgards: Sword of Summer By: Rick Riordan
4 stars
BartMarket
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by BartMarket »

I just finished reading Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson. It's the 5th entry in his Mistborn Series, with #6 coming in January.

Mistborn is AMAZING heroic fantasy that transitions into Steampunk fantasy in the same world as time progresses. Excellent reading. #1 is called Mistborn: The Final Empire
rkwragg
Currently Reading: Unhidden
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by rkwragg »

I just finish Crystallum by Laney McMann, which was an ARC. It's due to be published at the end of the month. It was a super fantastic YA story with an intense relationship between main characters. If you've read the Lux series books by Jennifer Armentrout, the chemistry of the leads reminded me a lot of the chemistry of Katy and Daemon. I highly recommend both series.
seasickseahorse
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seasickseahorse.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by seasickseahorse »

Anne Bishop's black jewels trilogy is a personal favorite. I've read it many times. Not long ago I read Mary Stewart's Merlin trilogy, which was fantastic. The Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb was also great.
MgNell
Currently Reading: The Blackthorn Key
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mgnell.html
Latest Review: "Lakeman" by Dhruv Behl

Post by MgNell »

I just finish The lost years of Merlin (book 1) by T.A. Barron. The story begin when Merlin is just a boy. This book is full with action. I`m going to buy the next book. :)
Latest Review: "Lakeman" by Dhruv Behl
literarycat
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarycat.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by literarycat »

Right now I am in the middle of reading "The Looking Glass Wars." It is an interesting take on Alice in Wonderland and how the story "really happened."
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
wolfspirit_1025
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wolfspirit-1025.html

Post by wolfspirit_1025 »

I just recently finished Christine Feehan's Dark Ghost. She has different series and I love them all. Pretty much have read all her books i believe.
Hatter
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hatter.html

Post by Hatter »

I read Skin Game by Jim Butcher. It's the latest book in the Dresden Files series. Harry Dressed is the only professional wizard in Chicago. He fights against all kinds of supernatural beings. It's basically Harry Potter, Constantine (the comics or tv show), and Supernatural all had a love child. It's funny, witty, currently going through a cerberus syndrome, and well written.
GreenEyedGlory
Currently Reading: Lost in Prophecy (The Ascension Series #4)
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reading Device: B00VFHHA1Y

Post by GreenEyedGlory »

The last fantasy book I read was Lost In Prophecy by SM Reine. Its part of The Ascension series. I discovered this author with the first book of her Preternatural Affairs series. Then from there I went to The Descent Series which lead me to the current series I'm now trying to finish. All of these series have witches and demons and magic and some-what romance, and people coming together to fight a common enemy. I love the author check her out.
Paul2love

Post by Paul2love »

Fools Die by Mario Puzo
Deystorm
Favorite Author: Tom Clancy Lee Child
Currently Reading: Stalker
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reading Device: B00HNOWHRU

Post by Deystorm »

That is a long time ago, but I think it was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets from J.K. Rowling.
Awesome book!
What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8:31
Torri_Gibbs

Post by Torri_Gibbs »

One of my favorite series that I turn to again and agin is The Mercy Thompson Novels the first book is Moon Called By Patricia Briggs, This book in my opion is one of the best that I have read so far in a fantasy series you might enjoy them, I loved them so much i had to buy the whole series!!
CzechTigg
Currently Reading: Free Fish Friday
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czechtigg.html
Latest Review: "Finding the Phoenix" by Caitlin O'Connor

Post by CzechTigg »

Before the fantasy book I reviewed here, I finished A Dance With Dragons. Have read a lot more mainstream books of late.
Latest Review: "Finding the Phoenix" by Caitlin O'Connor
Clintisha15

Post by Clintisha15 »

Vampires in America

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”