Last fantasy book you have read?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
keisha_jc
Currently Reading: Jane Eyre
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keisha-jc.html
Latest Review: "Step One:Killing Hitler" by William Dean Hamilton

Last fantasy book you have read?

Post by keisha_jc »

I have been attempting to find a few good books to read after Jane Eyre, which I am reading now, but I can't seem to find any that are appealing enough or really jumping out! I am open to suggestions and ratings, but please no spoilers! Any books are appreciated!
Latest Review: "Step One:Killing Hitler" by William Dean Hamilton
Snowkait
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowkait.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Snowkait »

Some good books that you might want to take a look at are: The summer i turned pretty series, the selection series, the abandoned series, maximum ride, and elinor and park is a good one.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I recommend two books I have read and reviewed here recently:

Wordscapist, The Myth by Arpan Panicker

The Unforgiven by A. Katie Rose
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
menctomas
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 710">Pride and Prejudice</a>
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-menctomas.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by menctomas »

My fave urban fantasy series is the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I've read them all and the one that I still can't move forward from is Styxx's novel. I would definitely recommend them.
Nicolette98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicolette98.html

Post by Nicolette98 »

The last fantasy book I read was Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas. I found it to be very action packed and an emotion roller coaster. I love Sarah J Maas' writing style and the different perspective throughout the story gives the book more depth. I cannot wait for the rest of the Throne of Glass series!! Anyone else agree?
Booklover1812
Currently Reading: Fated (Soul Seekers)
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Booklover1812 »

The last fantasy novel I read was Kindred by Erica Stevens. If you are into Vampires and Vampire hunters then I really recommend this book. It has some action along with some romance.
luke_r
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luke-r.html

Post by luke_r »

I have very much enjoyed the Shannara serie of books by Terry Brooks. The best group would have to be The High Druid of Shannara trilogy.
Weevil68
Currently Reading: Dark Moon
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Weevil68 »

One of my favorite authors is David Gemmell, I've just re-read Last Sword of Power which is loosely based on Arthurian legend
Rizbi
Currently Reading: The Girl in the Spider's Web
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizbi.html
Latest Review: "Patrick's Journey" by Roy T Humphreys
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Rizbi »

Red Seas Under Red Skies (Book 2 of Gentleman Bastards) by Scott Lynch. I reckon I better read the next one, before reading another book from the same genre. I wouldn't want anything to ruin the great experience :-)
Latest Review: "Patrick's Journey" by Roy T Humphreys
vg914212
Currently Reading: Secret Teachings of All the Ages
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vg914212.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by vg914212 »

I read lots and lots of Fantasy Books. Right now, for me the author of "du jour" is Lindsay J. Pryor with her BlackThorn series. Totally Urban Fantasy, with lots of suspense, sensuality and a plot that will keep most of the reader glued to the book from page 1 of book 1 to then end of the page of the most recent book of her series. What I like the most about Lindsay J. Pryor is that she doesn't lingers forever in one series. And, what I mean by that is that she already announced at her website that this series will have only 8 books and that's it.

Another Author of the Paranormal/Fantasy style that I like very much is Dannika Dark. I absolutely love her mageri series. Highly recommend, if you are a die hard fan of Urban Fantasy and Paranormal/ Romance genre.
Braxalus
Favorite Author: Steven Erikson
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=15866">A Storm of Swords</a>
Currently Reading: Last Argument of Kings (The First Law #3)
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braxalus.html
fav_author_id: 10016

Post by Braxalus »

I took the liberty of looking at your bookshelf and saw you've read A Game of Thrones... I highly recommend continuing the series. A Clash of Kings suffers from middle book syndrome but A Storm of Swords is quite possibly some of the very best fantasy fiction in print. It is, in a word, incredible... Like Arya Stark.
Inky_Capricious
Currently Reading: Bloodletting
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inky-capricious.html
Latest Review: "Blink to Share" by Janus Bliss

Post by Inky_Capricious »

There's Terry Pratchet's Discworld series, I particularly like the City Watch books but maybe you'd enjoy his Witches books more than I did?

Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere is pretty good too, though the resolution left me underwelmed.

I also read Emma Bull's War for the Oaks recently, though it's more of a paranormal romance than an urban fantasy.
Latest Review: "Blink to Share" by Janus Bliss
Cher+Pot
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Currently Reading: The Hollow
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cher-pot.html
Latest Review: ""Tiekiedraai" in 31 days" by Roelof Beukes
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by Cher+Pot »

Inky_Capricious wrote:There's Terry Pratchet's Discworld series, I particularly like the City Watch books but maybe you'd enjoy his Witches books more than I did?

Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere is pretty good too, though the resolution left me underwelmed.

I also read Emma Bull's War for the Oaks recently, though it's more of a paranormal romance than an urban fantasy.
I would also recommend Terry Pratchett. The Discworld series is written in such a way that, nevermind if you have read the books in order, you will be able to follow the story and adventures. I specifically love the novels about Tiffany Aching with the Wee Free Men. Superb!
If you don't like where you are, MOVE!
You are not a tree.
Latest Review: ""Tiekiedraai" in 31 days" by Roelof Beukes
bookbinger
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by bookbinger »

Hi! I read just through the Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas and it was phenomenal. I also liked the Fire and Thorns series by Rae Carson. Both series have strong female protagonists and interesting plot twists.
Morgan_Malone
Currently Reading: Queen of Shadows
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-malone.html
Latest Review: "Heartbound" by P.I. Alltraine

Post by Morgan_Malone »

I recently finished The Darkest Part of The Forest by Holly Black and just before that I read the latest book in the Throne of Glass series Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas.
Latest Review: "Heartbound" by P.I. Alltraine

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”