Review: Spring Tide by K. Dicke

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ncreads
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ncreads.html

Review: Spring Tide by K. Dicke

Post by ncreads »

Publication date: March 15, 2015

“She’s here. I feel her.”
“Who’s here?”
“The one who’s mine.”
To the dismay of her family, Kris Edwards postpones college, despite a full-ride scholarship, and moves to the beach. She has a crazy feeling there’s something she has to find to figure out her life, and it’s at the coast.
She’s pretty sure that something isn’t Jericho, the too-hot surfer with amazing blue eyes. He’s way out of her league. And is that an actual electric spark that happens every time she touches him? She doesn’t have time for him—not with two jobs, a boozer neighbor, and her best friend’s stalker on the scene. Not to mention the weird black mist over the water or outside her workplace that no one seems to notice but her.
But there’s more to Jericho than Kris realizes, and she can’t blow him off so easily. He’s in tune with the magic of the tides, and only he knows of the evil that’s washed ashore and is coming for her. The closer Kris gets to him the more danger she’s in. But he can’t let her be—he’s been waiting years for her.
With Jericho by her side, Kris might find what she’s looking for. Or she might lose everything.

I read Spring Tide in on sitting, the novel had me that enthralled.

The (human) characters were very well written and I felt as though I could relate to all of them at one point or the other. Kris' friends added great humor to the story.

Kris herself was a great character! She was very witty and I honestly felt as if I knew her. She suffers from panic- like attacks and cleans to over come them which I feel is a very realistic situation given her past. The attacks weren't randomly thrown in either, each one came at a point as to move the story and add to it, not take away from the main plot line.

K. Dicke does an amazing job at keeping the readers on their toes throughout the entire novel. I felt as if each scene had a point and there weren't any clear "filler" scenes. Dicke keeps the suspense without it getting to the point of being too much.

I look forward to reading the sequel, Tidal Wave once it's released.

Rating: 4/5 stars.

Do you think you'll check this novel out once it's released/have you read it?

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”