Her Mad Hatter by Marie Hall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Carabella1226
Favorite Author: Everyone
Favorite Book: Anything that pulls me in and holds on
Currently Reading: What am I not reading is the question
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carabella1226.html

Her Mad Hatter by Marie Hall

Post by Carabella1226 »

So many people try to capture old fairy tales, some even try to renew them with more added in. Marie Hall has done just that in this romance fairy tale. Now I may be bias because I love all things to do with Mad Hatter in general, but this book made me love him more. Now this is not like the fairy tale of Alice falling down a rabbit hole, instead it is realistic. There are parts in this book that will make you laugh, cry, and smile. It is a page turner for sure!

Even though I do wish the story could have been longer, the characters in this book were very well described in a way you could feel as if they were real. The setting is what had me smile, cause instead of the original Alice this took place in a self owned place by the character. Most fairy tales show spoiled princesses or poor into riches.. but this showed reality. Nobody was rich or poor, it was normal life that we all live today. It was a modern twist that fit perfectly.

Now for those who can't read past bad grammar, spelling, punctuation, or any other flaws, this book does have some. But they are not so bad you want to tear your hair out. I know that people are not perfect and I understand that there are mistakes, most people write because they enjoy it. But believe me when I say this book is worth the read no matter what. This is a book I will always keep and read over and over again.
Good books Don't give up all there secrets at once.
- Stephen King
Lovely_Loreley
Favorite Author: Donita K. Paul
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 776">Light of the Oracle</a>
Currently Reading: The Blue Fairy Book
Bookshelf Size: 370
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovely-loreley.html
Latest Review: "Vanished in Berlin" by Gry Finsnes
Reading Device: B00UB76290
fav_author_id: 13786

Post by Lovely_Loreley »

This looks like an intriguing book, I will definitely check it out! I, too, have a soft spot for the Mad Hatter :)
Latest Review: "Vanished in Berlin" by Gry Finsnes
TheDisneyLibrarian
Currently Reading: The Eternity Key
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thedisneylibrarian.html

Post by TheDisneyLibrarian »

I agree that this story was a page turner as I was able to finish it in one sitting. I like the development of the Mad Hatter as he is able to be more than an eccentric character to a real man facing his own personal demons. Alice was not bad but fell into the normal characterization of leading romance novel heroines as she does stereotypical female things like baking and thinking of shoes. That being said this is an interesting take on the Mad Hatter character and most Alice in Wonderland fans could find a bit of enjoyment from this quick read.
Sunshineandmagnolia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunshineandmagnolia.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Sunshineandmagnolia »

Great review, I'm adding this to my "Need to Read" list! I'm always looking for page turners, cause I love when I can't put a book down!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
KitKat_Reader
Favorite Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitkat-reader.html
Latest Review: "Hat of Keepings" by D.C. Vincent
fav_author_id: 3662

Post by KitKat_Reader »

You have definitely made this book sound interesting and seeing as I love books that take fairy tales and make them different I will most certainly be checking out this book.
Latest Review: "Hat of Keepings" by D.C. Vincent

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”