Review: My life as a white trash zombie by Diana Rowland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BlackWolfKassy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Review: My life as a white trash zombie by Diana Rowland

Post by BlackWolfKassy »

One thing for sure, when I picked up this book I thought: great another zombie apocalypse book, where zombies kill people, getting them infected just like every movie and show out there about zombies. Where the zombies are usually the bad guys and regular people try to survive, trying not to get attacked. Well not in this story. This is where the roles switch, where the zombies are the good guys trying to survive off of brains from people that have died of natural causes. They also try and live normal lives, staying hidden and try to look like regular people as long as they can.
Angel Crawford a typical girl that no one would care about. A girl addicted to drugs, just always looking for a fix, unable to keep a job, and a high school dropout, not doing anything for her wellbeing. When one night she wakes up at the hospital thinking she just got out of a horrible car accident. When she checks for her wounds, she sees that she is perfectly fine and she thinks maybe she just over dosed… but the memory of broken glass and lots of blood just won’t leave her mind.
Other odd things start happening to Angel, random notes threatening her. And all she can do is follow the random letters and drink these 'Energy Drinks' that were given to her in a cooler. Meanwhile working at the county morgue as the driver and an assistant for the autopsies, Angel gets an awful hunger that isn’t satisfied by just food, but as soon as she pops a skull open in an autopsy, her stomach growls for the brain.
As soon as she gets the hang of things and makes a friend that is like her, an unfortunate event occurs and he is added to the case of a killer that beheads people at random. Angel develops a crush on someone that she didn’t think she would ever consider. With all the beheadings, she is running low on her stash of brains that help her survive. All twist and turns happen as she tries to better herself and starts to like her job.
I can’t wait to read the second book and other books done by Diana Rowland. I would keep this book in my collection and read it over and over again. I’d defiantly recommend this book to a person that would want to read a different point of view on zombies and how they work.
Wreade1872

Post by Wreade1872 »

I've never read this book but am aware of it for two reasons.

1: the model for the cover is CBG19 that i listen too on occasion https://www.youtube.com/user/comicbookgirl19

and 2: i have seen it in passing on geekandsundry in the horrifying (for a male anyway ;) ) 'Vaginal Fantasy' book review section.
https://www.youtube.com/user/geekandsun ... +fantasies

I don't know whether i'll ever read something like this but my interest has been peeked somewhat.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Interesting...I guess it's kind of like Twilight for zombies?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Zred13
Favorite Author: Tolkien
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Earthsea
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zred13.html
fav_author_id: 10389

Post by Zred13 »

Thank you that sounds interesting.
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

This sounds like a very interesting take on zombies! I’d love to give it a read. I am curious whether it is geared toward young adults or older adults.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”