Where Angels Fear to Tread by Thomas E. Sniegoski a review

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sauroke
Favorite Author: R.A. Salvatore
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sauroke.html

Where Angels Fear to Tread by Thomas E. Sniegoski a review

Post by Sauroke »

Although I had never read anything by this author in this series, something about the book caught my eye. In the first few pages, I understood why I flew through this book quickly. The main character, Remy was easy to understand, and the action surrounding him seemed to flow. The introduction of characters always piqued interest, and kept pages turning.
The book is full of characters and mythos from the Bible, although the characters have been given Mr. Sniegoski's flair for writing to round them out. As you progress through the pages, you get a glimpse of human aspects affecting some of these characters.
Remy is a private investigator in search of a little girl taken by her father. Although the premise seems straight forward, the author has twists and turns involved, and jumps between different character's points of view to keep the flow of the book going. The unearthly and human points of view regarding situations seem to work well together.
I enjoyed reading this, although I felt there were a few points in the description of things that may have been edited better. All in all, a good read for someone to escape their day and pick up for a read.

-- 24 Sep 2014, 14:30 --

Can anyone give me some feedback on my review? It was the first I have done, and would greatly appreciate some criticism.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”