Review: The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MamaBookAddict
Favorite Author: Too many to name
Favorite Book: Too many to name
Currently Reading: The Beautiful Ashes by jeaniene Frost
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamabookaddict.html

Review: The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost

Post by MamaBookAddict »

This is the first time Ive read this author and I give 'The Beautiful Ashes' 4 out of 5 stars. I was lucky enough to read the ARC of this, and I really liked this book.

'The Beautiful Ashes' is about a young woman named Ivy. Even as a child she had visions of other worlds. She can see the demon's faces under their human facade. She was made to see a shrink as a child and put on medication. Then she discovers her hallucinations are real, the medicine was placebos and that there really are angels and demons walking among us.

Ivy is twenty years old. Her parents were just killed in a car accident 2 days ago while looking for her younger sister Jasmine, who has gone missing. The last Ivy had heard from her was 2 text messages that said HELP and TRAPPED!. Turns out Jasmine is in a shadow realm, kidnapped by demons who really want Ivy.

Before Ivy can get too far in her search for Jasmine, she finds a man named Adrian in her hotel room. He says they are from the same line, but not related. She is the last of King David's line and he is the last of Judas's. His destiny is to betray her as all Judians have always done to Davidians. A man named Zach also appears. He is an Achron - an angel. He gives Ivy and Adrian supplies to help them on their search and also confusing bits of information. If Ivy questions him about anything, all he'll say is 'those are my orders'.

Ivy and Adrian have to work together to save Jasmine. The have to find an ancient relic that will save Jasmine and only Ivy can 'detect' where it is. If she doesnt find it, the world could be destroyed and overrun by demons. But Adrian knows what Ivy does not yet know. That he is bound by a legacy to betray her even as he falls in love with her. When the book ends, it ends on sort of a cliff hanger so you know there will be 1 or 2 more books.

I really liked this story and blew through it in 2 days. I cant wait for the next book in the series and I will definitely be checking out the authors other books!
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Winston Churchill

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”