Wizard's First Rule - Terry Goodkind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GwenWood
Favorite Author: Kim Harrison
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter Series
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gwenwood.html
Reading Device: B01AZ7LT20
fav_author_id: 4193

Wizard's First Rule - Terry Goodkind

Post by GwenWood »

Let me start off my review by saying this is one of the best books I have ever read. Terry Goodkind is a magician with words. Every description transports you to the places he has written. I cannot wait to start the next novel!

Richard Cypher is a woods guide in his world but when worlds collide he has to become much more. There is a veil separating his mundane world from the world of magic and the veil is coming apart. It's up to Richard to save his world before the evil Darken Rahl can put the boxes of Orden into play and create a world that can't help but worship him.
This is one of the most creative and intricately woven stories I have ever read. There are twists that the reader couldn't possibly see coming and places that sound so beautiful you can't help but want to be transported there.

I would encourage any fantasy fan to give this series a shot. It may be an endeavor but an endeavor well worth it.
aca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aca »

I loved the first few in this series too, Gwen - but there was a point that Goodkind's Objectivism started pushing into the stories a little too much for me personally, so I let the series go.

I remember really enjoying the world building and the wide variety of different magic used throughout. The Confessor's power is very cool and I love Zed's rules.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”