Review: In The After by Demitria Lunetta

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Colbycomp22
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colbycomp22.html

Review: In The After by Demitria Lunetta

Post by Colbycomp22 »

I personally actually really liked this book by Demitria Lunetta! I found this book to be very fascinating and enthralling. I loved a lot of things about this book and am happy that I got the opportunity to read it. The main character Amy is a strong character in my opinion. The way that she protects Baby in anyway possible and how she truly cares for her is very sweet. I found wits and will to survive very inspiring also and I was very invested in Amy and Baby.

There aren't many things I disliked about this book and think it is an incredibly strong book. The world that the author has built was very engrossing and interesting to read about. I thought the first half of the book was particularly strong whereas the second half kind of lagged a little. I loved the aliens introduced in the story and found them to be quite scary actually.

I thought it was kind of odd that an electric fence could keep these intelligent creatures out of yard of Amy's house though.

There are many twists in the book that do pay off so I suggest that you read the book up to the end because it does end well. I can't wait for the next installment in this series that I think has incredible potential. I found myself following Amy's scattered breathing as a creature approached and I think is what every book should do because then you have something that is truly special.

This is a spectacular novel that I suggest anyone give a chance because you might just gets sucked into this world as I did when reading it.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”