Official Review: Fia the Envoy by Jonathan Dunne

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
thankyou
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankyou.html
Latest Review: "Colin Frake, On Fire Mountain" by Nick Phoenix and Two Steps From Hell

Official Review: Fia the Envoy by Jonathan Dunne

Post by thankyou »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fia the Envoy" by Jonathan Dunne.]
Book Cover for 1504
Share This Review

‘Fia the Envoy’ by Jonathan Dunne is a fantasy fiction novel. It is the first book of a series called ‘The Blind World Series’, and is about inter mingling of two races – the Humans and the Enchanted.

Fia Colley is a young girl who was placed in the care of a man called Oisin when her mother died in an attack. Ever since then Oisin has treated her like his own daughter. But Fia is not an ordinary girl. She has special powers, powers which many would die to have. And it is those powers which may save or, if unsuccessful, destroy the world.

From the beginning Fia has had many enemies even though she is actually good at heart. Some of the most powerful clans want to kill her at any opportunity. It is because she is different. She is brave, righteous, and kind. She is destined for greatness. But she has been subjected to endless torture and separation from her only family. The Enchanted believe that only a life of hardships can make a true leader, a leader who will someday rule the world. And it is high time that the world needs a fearless leader who will fight all evil and restore peace and tranquility among both the races. That is why the Enchanted call her the Ambassador, as only she can save them from the evil that has been haunting them since time immemorial.

This book is very exciting right from the beginning. The plot flows logically and the characters are breathtaking. The plot flows smoothly and every action of the characters is accounted for. The language used is very effective and apt, and captures the important parts nicely. Most importantly, the story itself is interesting. The ending especially created a lot of suspense in my mind, which keeps me eagerly waiting for the next book in the series. There are no major grammar or punctuation errors which in any way affected the reading experience.

While there are no grammar or punctuation errors, I still feel that some more careful editing would have been useful. Some parts in the middle chapters get a bit confusing, and they distract you away from the main issue. Even though the powerful characters soon bring you back on track, it still negatively affects the overall impact of the story. But I am sure this problem would not reappear in the forthcoming books.

So overall I would rate this novel 3 out of 4 stars, and recommend it to all fantasy lovers out there. It is a well worth your time!

Buy "Fia the Envoy" on Amazon
Buy "Fia the Envoy" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "Colin Frake, On Fire Mountain" by Nick Phoenix and Two Steps From Hell
LMR
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmr.html

Post by LMR »

Sounds like a good read, thanks for the review
thankyou

Post by thankyou »

You are welcome!! I too enjoyed reading it.
Apogea
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apogea.html

Post by Apogea »

Sounds great, I might have to get this book now!
thankyou

Post by thankyou »

Definitely! Do give it a try!

-- 19 Jul 2014, 05:29 --

I'm glad that you all enjoyed reading the review!
shiningstar99

Post by shiningstar99 »

Great review! I will read this book soon.
thankyou

Post by thankyou »

Thanks!! You will surely enjoy it!
shiningstar99

Post by shiningstar99 »

Thanks for the review.
thankyou

Post by thankyou »

You're welcome.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”