Earth Unaware by Orson Scott Card

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
fitzthegreat
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fitzthegreat.html

Earth Unaware by Orson Scott Card

Post by fitzthegreat »

Aliens, war, teens, and family. Today we are a world full of teen heroes fighting another "grouping" of people or alien in nature (aliens, zombies, etc.). Author of the classic, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card delivers a stellar product with his prequel to the widely popular novel. Earth Unaware finds its place amongst a mining family aboard a ship. The ship is out in the Kuiper belt, an asteroid filled wasteland. However, waste might not be fitting for these individuals, it's their only source of income. Now, let's step back to Ender's Game. Have you ever found yourself wondering, how did the alien war start? Well, Earth Unaware is bound to offer that answer and leave you hanging for more by the completion of the novel. Card delivers a stellar performance once again with his philosophical but vastly fast paced prequel. I highly recommend a read if you are interested in a.) science fiction, b.) aliens, and c.) good reading material. It's a quick read, but it will leave you hanging. Lucky for you...the sequel, Earth Afire was released earlier this year for your dire needs of a sequel. Check it out!
Timea
Favorite Author: Edgar A. Poe
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =1580">The Dimension Scales and Other Stories</a>
Currently Reading: Arhipelagul Gulag I
Bookshelf Size: 242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timea.html
Latest Review: "Murder Inc." by Christian Cipollini

Post by Timea »

I didn't even know about the prequel :( it is now at the top of my list :D
Latest Review: "Murder Inc." by Christian Cipollini
fitzthegreat
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fitzthegreat.html

Post by fitzthegreat »

It's fantastic!