Throne of Glass - Sarah J Maas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
faeryfyre
Bookshelf Size: 38

Re: Throne of Glass - Sarah J Maas

Post by faeryfyre »

I read the first book in October-ish of last year, and I was completely obsessed from that moment forward. Celaena is one of my favorite protagonists ever, and I also LOVE Manon Blackbeak. I think these books really stand out because the pasts of so many of the characters directly affect their actions in the story. I cannot WAIT for Queen of Shadows.
A-Jung123
Currently Reading: The Thirteenth Tale
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-jung123.html

Post by A-Jung123 »

I definitely loved this book. It had everything that a good young adult novel should have but this is also the problem with the book. Although it had a good plot and interesting details, this book was similar to almost every other adult novel around. Also this book could be written to a much higher degree. I understand that this is a young adult novel and I certainly didn't expect it to have the language of a classic novel but I felt that it was a bit simple and could have used just a little better descriptions. But don't get me wrong... I loved the plot, the characters, and fell in love with this story!
ReadandReview
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandreview.html

Post by ReadandReview »

Oh my god so good! Loved it all! And the two next books are even better. Although I have to admit they start off very slow and partly boring, they REALLY pick up about 2 thirds into them. They are just full of surprises and heart wrenching moments. The next, and maybe last (I don't know), book Queen of Shadows will have new stories based of the new character's stories begun in Heir of Fire. It's definitely a memorable series.
bookreader101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreader101.html

Post by bookreader101 »

Oh my gosh!! I love this series sooo much! I can not wait for the Queen of Shadows! I love her story and how determined she can be! I admire her fragility that turns to power in Heir of Fire.
Deee
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 18984">The Two Towers</a>
Currently Reading: Second Foundation
Bookshelf Size: 1417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deee.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Deee »

Sounds like a great read. It's definitely on my to read list.
"But to find out the truth about how dreams die, one should never take the word of the dreamer."

Toni Morrison, The Bluest Eye.
Krambkn
Currently Reading: Crown on Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krambkn.html

Post by Krambkn »

I have only actually read the first book in this series even though i own three of them. For some reason I stopped reading after the first two chapter into the second book, but I know that I will be able to pick it up again. I hope the romance clears itself up and proves to be more mature than it was in the first book, though. I say this even though I loved the first book and honestly cannot decide who would make the better romance option!
arfs
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arfs.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by arfs »

I love the series! I read the first book so quick it was so good. I'm currently on the 3rd and have been on it for a while I can't get past finishing it :( the 4th ones out and I hear it's bigger than the 3rd. I love Sarah j Maas so I can't wait to read her other series as well :)
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
Morgan_Malone
Currently Reading: Queen of Shadows
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-malone.html
Latest Review: "Heartbound" by P.I. Alltraine

Post by Morgan_Malone »

I love this series so very much. I recently finished the latest book Queen of Shadows and the books just seem to get better and better the farther the series goes. Sarah J Maas is without a doubt becoming one of my new favorite authors.
Latest Review: "Heartbound" by P.I. Alltraine
Paliden
Currently Reading: White Cargo
Bookshelf Size: 1028
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paliden.html
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne

Post by Paliden »

I love this series. I read the original book back when she had it posted on a free read site. That was years ago before she got an agent. Now, the series has been changed a lot from the original book. I still love it and hope that it ends the same way as it did before. The only thing to me is that the new version seems more like a young adult series whereas the original was definitely an adult book but had a lot more depth to it. I wish she could have left it the same. It was a lot better in my opinion.
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne
flowflowdance
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowflowdance.html

Post by flowflowdance »

I really loved the first book! I am currently reading the second one (and I love it!).
Braxalus
Favorite Author: Steven Erikson
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=15866">A Storm of Swords</a>
Currently Reading: Last Argument of Kings (The First Law #3)
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braxalus.html
fav_author_id: 10016

Post by Braxalus »

Tight, focused, and frankly a bit shallow. A great read due to good characterization but a bit ludicrous. It's also somewhat sparse as far as details go. Definitely not the best but most assuredly worth the read.
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ashley_claire »

i've heard about this series for a while and finally finished reading the first book last night. I was a bit disappointed. I agree with previous posts that I find it hard to believe Celeana is supposed to be the number one assassin in the kingdom and she acts so immature. I'll definitely keep with it since everyone says this series gets better as you go.

I think part of the problem is that I happened to read the second book in the Daughter of Blood and Bone series right before this book, and I can't help but compare the two. I liked Days of Blood and Starlight much better than Throne of Glass and found the main character much more appealing.
proud_book_lover
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proud-book-lover.html

Post by proud_book_lover »

I have found this book not too long ago while I was searching for a book at BAM. I loved this book. I loved the main character Celaena Sardothien. The first book definitely makes you intrigue to know what happens next. So I went and bought the other books because I needed to know what happens after the first. If people like fantasy and a strong female lead, then this book is worth reading.
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

I am really excited for this series. I have heard so many good things about not only the plot but also the strong female lead and character development. This is on my to read list only because the series is not finished and I have such a hard time waiting around for the next book!
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
Kimberly33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberly33.html

Post by Kimberly33 »

Engaging series. Not my favourite series of this genre but I liked it enough that I read each book that came out. I like the boastful, cocky nature of Celeana. I also liked the development of the supporting characters. Fun read!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”