Lux series - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caz1+
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Lux series - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Post by Caz1+ »

The lux series is about Katy a normal girl moving to a new home out in the sticks. While Katy is settling in to her new life she meets and quickly become friends with the girl next door and arch enemies with the boy next door. So right off you know you are in for a heated boy girl relationship. As things progress there seems to be something not quite normal with the family next door and as it unfolds Katy is in for quite a shock as the secrets unravel. Throughout the series there Is fighting, struggling to remain under the radar from authorities, a relationship triangle, loss, love and people going missing. Follow Katy's journey and you will be sure to enjoy how Jennifer weaves her characters and story line together. On a side note Katy is a book reviewer. This actually got me thinking about doing it myself and here I am. It is amazing how just a simple book can encourage you to try new things
yalonde
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yalonde.html
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower

Post by yalonde »

I am surprised this doesn't have a million posts because this series is awesome,it rocks, it's spectacular intriguing, and Damon is infuriating and awesome. I have read every one of the Lux books, including the book about Dawson and Obsession (about Hunter). Can't wait for next book to come out. This is a series I keep the lookout on and read on the release date.
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower
Mika

Post by Mika »

I was really interested in reading this series. Thanks for posting this. I can't really trust the Amazon reviews.
Caz1+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Post by Caz1+ »

Hey yalonde do you know when the next book is due out?
Bwoodby4405

Post by Bwoodby4405 »

I loved the first two books, but I hated the last two. It just got too crazy and weird. Obsidian is one of my favorite books though
AKBookAddict
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akbookaddict.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by AKBookAddict »

Didn't realize this had a review so I wrote one too - hope you don't mind.

Who doesn't love crass sarcasm, strong sexual tension and a plot twist of the century. It's the perfect body that pulls you in, the words that spill out of the mouth that make you want to kill him and two together creating a fire you've never felt before. Things definitly heat up when your life is suddenly on the line and the guy you have the hots for is an Alien! With 5 main books and 2 extras, this is a book lovers dream that you will not be able to put down!!

Jennifer is an amazing author that brings life and unique emotion to each individual character. You fall so fast and far into this series, crawling back out into the real world becomes a chore. Flawless switchbacks between the two main characters starts in the second book. You crave them not only to get the full story but to prove your empathetic emotions towards each character are true or false based upon their own individual assumptions. On top of Jennifer's brilliantly descriptive writing style, she brings you close to almost every character, even the one insignificant ones. You know them not only by name and emotion but that they may be lying or caring by how they act.

The one negative comment I had on this series is that by the end of the series the bond between the two main characters goes a little over board. Without giving away spoilers I will say there is a scene in the end that is very predictable and overplayed in many other media.

Overall, this was a great seris and highly recommended.
CaptainHere
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-captainhere.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by CaptainHere »

I liked the series all the way up to obsidian but it was slowly getting too weird and I found myself glossing over bits that seemed pointless story wise. Katy was slowly becoming more annoying as well which is probably the main reason why I stopped reading.
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

I really enjoyed reading this series! The character development and plot is what pulled me in. I also enjoyed the writing style and way the scenes were described without getting too full of details. I will admit that some of the plot towards the end was way over the top, which is what many other readers felt, but when reading a sci-fi book that is bound to happen!
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
Toshia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 912">First Grave on the Right</a>
Bookshelf Size: 513
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toshia.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly

Post by Toshia »

I loved this series. The characters, the Plot, the dialalog... I couldn't get enough!!
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”