Official Review: Braknovia Forest by J.T. McEwan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
srkilgour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srkilgour.html
Latest Review: Blue Collar Cash by Ken Rusk

Official Review: Braknovia Forest by J.T. McEwan

Post by srkilgour »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Braknovia Forest" by J.T. McEwan.]
Book Cover for 1552
Share This Review

Braknovia Forest by J.T. McEwan was an amazingly fresh and compelling read. I loved this story from the moment I started reading until the very last page and even after that I was still hoping to find more on the next page. This book would definitely captivate a reader of any age and any skill level. It had a sort of Harry Potter undertone, which I thought was really well done.

Braknovia Forest starts off like any normal story with three siblings. They were living with foster parents after their father was murdered and their mother was in a psychiatric hospital after losing her mind (Not even recognizing her own children!). One day, strange things started to happen to James, the middle brother, when he would get angry he would feel a surge of power like he could do anything. Then, when the siblings were going out to eat they parked in an alleyway and got attacked. A strange man showed up saying they had to get to safety. They ended up in a different world, where they were told they had special powers and were part of a prophecy that ultimately leads to the restoration of a peaceful world. These three children, Hayden, James, and Isabella are part of what the prophecy calls The Three. To learn what this means and how they are supposed to save this new and different world, they go on a dangerous adventure to the oracle. What is this power they possess? Why do they have it? Why are they the ones that are supposed to restore the world to peace? Will they be able to do it?

I absolutely loved this story. The world that McEwan creates is so imaginative and so full of detail, you feel like you are actually there right alongside The Three. The storyline is so fresh and new with so much adventure. This book I feel would be a great read for anyone that likes a good adventure story, especially teenagers or Harry Potter fans would like this book.

There is nothing that I did not like about this book, which is very rare for me. I normally find something that I do not like or doesn’t work in a story. The only downfall to this novel was that I wanted to keep reading even after I finished the last page. It’s one of those books that stays in your mind until you find out what happens next. I can’t wait to find out what is to come of The Three.

I give Braknovia Forest a 4 out of 4. I could go on and on about how great this book is, but instead of me doing that I highly recommend getting this book and reading it. It definitely won’t let you down! I’ll be suggesting this book to everyone I know and even people that I don’t know for a long time!

Buy "Braknovia Forest" on Amazon
Buy "Braknovia Forest" on Barnes and Noble
jacobmc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jacobmc »

Every word of this review means the world to me. With all my heart, thank you for your kind words. You have sincerely made my day!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Sounds good.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
JenniferBoyce
Favorite Author: Jared Diamond
Favorite Book: The Name of the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenniferboyce.html
fav_author_id: 3301

Post by JenniferBoyce »

This book sounds absolutely fascinating and your review is fantastic!

I love it when authors create beautiful and magical worlds, it just makes the books so much easier to fall right into. This book sounds like it has a fantastic world (and it sounds like the author is a good world-builder). I will definitely have to check this book out and read it!

Thanks for the marvelous review! :)
srkilgour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srkilgour.html
Latest Review: Blue Collar Cash by Ken Rusk

Post by srkilgour »

The world that McEwan creates is so beautiful and magical you do fall right into the book from the very first chapter. If you like magical worlds I definitely suggest reading it! I already reread it once I loved it that much!
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

Good review. Sounds like a winner.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Jolie
Favorite Author: Margaret Atwood
Favorite Book: All of them
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jolie.html
fav_author_id: 3668

Post by Jolie »

This book sounds familiar to "What came before he shot her" by Elizabeth George. It has three children, their father is dead and their mother in comma not able to recognize one of her children. However, this book is more realistic since there is drugs and violance within this three orphan children. Sadly this book ends in a tragidy and disagreed with a character throughout the novel. Compared to this novel it seems the only difference was the "magic" in this novel of course we are speaking of fantasy and "peace". However, i enjoyed reading the review c: thanks
"War is what happens when language fails" ~Margaret Atwood
markj
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markj.html

Post by markj »

I have read "What came before he shot her" and it is actually nothing like 'Braknovia Forest". The genre's, characters, feel and concepts are all completely different, not to mention Braknovia Forest is more of a young reader story. I actually enjoyed 'What came before he shot her' and I have enjoyed many of Elizabeth George's novels, but as a new unknown author, I believe J.T. McEwan has opened up a whole new world of possibilities in the fiction and fantasy industry. I'm waiting (impatiently, I might add) for the second instalment of McEwan's trilogy. I think Braknovia Forest will be something that many people speak of before long!
honestreviewer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honestreviewer.html

Post by honestreviewer »

The review you described make me thinking I should want to read that book.

The words you have used make me feel good abut it.

I checked on Amazon it seems to be Book 3? Am I right?
markj

Post by markj »

I highly recommend reading it, but no it is the first book. It is supposedly the first of a trilogy but the second book hasn't been published yet because he is currently writing it. =)
obiebookworm
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Picture of Dorian Gray
Currently Reading: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obiebookworm.html
Latest Review: "The Little Ladybug" by Amelia May
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by obiebookworm »

I am definitely going to have to check out this book! Sounds really, really interesting.
Obiebookworm
Latest Review: "The Little Ladybug" by Amelia May
rida
Favorite Author: A lot
Favorite Book: More than favorite authors
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rida.html
Latest Review: "Skive" by Paul Adam Levy

Post by rida »

Seems like a great book
Read, read & eat then read some more
Latest Review: "Skive" by Paul Adam Levy
wrnolin

Post by wrnolin »

Awesome review!!! I really want to check this out now!
markj

Post by markj »

I cant wait for the second one to be published! Suppose to be released end of next year
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

I love good fantasy, especially when something is done that has never been done before. Thanks for a good review and not giving too much of the plot away. A book that has nothing wrong with it sounds good and I would like to give it a try.
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”