Tempted by P.C and Kristin Cast

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PricilliaDragomir
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Favorite Book: The Stand by Stephen King
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricilliadragomir.html
Latest Review: "Fish Out Of Water" by J.L. Hohler III
fav_author_id: 3251

Tempted by P.C and Kristin Cast

Post by PricilliaDragomir »

I just finished reading Tempted by P.C. and Kristin Cast. It is the sixth book in the House Of Night series. Zoey and her gang attempt to return to the House Of Night after banishing Neferet and Kalona. They are met by disaster, injury, distrust, and hatred. While Neferet and Kalona may be banished, their influence on many of the people seems to have stuck with them. Zoey realizes she must destroy Kalona in order to fully return House Of Night to its natural order.

I really loved this book. Its my second time reading it. I'm re-reading this entire series in honor of the new book that came out in October. I'm glad I am. This series as a whole has managed to captivate my attention and leave me hooked and begging for more. I tend to stay loyal to the books that do that for me. They also stick with me longer than any other book.

The only thing I really didn't like about this book was that unlike the first five books, this book is written in more than one perspective. This normally wouldn't be a problem. I'm sure there is a purpose for it that there wasn't in previous books. However, it seems that the multiple view points can be confusing, especially when using two different points of view. For Zoey, they use first person, and for everybody else they use third person. I personally believe they should have just written ll perspectives in first person. Especially considering the beginning of each chapter signifies the person's point of view that it is. In one of the chapters, Zoey's perspective is written in third person for a very short time.

I fully recommend this book, as well as the rest of the series, to anybody who loves this kind of genre. It's bold and inspiring. It's action packed. It's adventurous. Most importantly, it's raw and honest. It's targeted at a teenage and young adult audience, bu I personally thing people of all ages will enjoy it.
Latest Review: "Fish Out Of Water" by J.L. Hohler III
ToniLynnLupton
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonilynnlupton.html

Post by ToniLynnLupton »

Great book...have read all in this series. Loved the characters also.
kismoody
Currently Reading: Cat's Cradle
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kismoody.html
Latest Review: A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders by Mark Villareal

Post by kismoody »

Great job on the review. I haven't read this one yet, but I liked the others in the series. I wonder if my opinion will change after I read this one.
Dezire06
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezire06.html

Post by Dezire06 »

I Loved Tempted as I loved all P.C Casts Books
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

I love this series. My aunt recommended it to me several years ago, and I'm glad to still see it in book stores.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
Toshia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 912">First Grave on the Right</a>
Bookshelf Size: 513
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toshia.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly

Post by Toshia »

I am on the third book in the series! Absolutely love it! Can't wait to see what happens.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”