YA Paranormal Romance, or not.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
IsisSimoriah
Bookshelf Size: 0

YA Paranormal Romance, or not.

Post by IsisSimoriah »

I'm looking for a new YA Paranormal. It can be a romance, or not. Series, or singular, I don't care. I just finished my lastest, and I'm looking for something new. Something fast, adventurous, dangerous, sexy.
soldierscowgirl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soldierscowgirl.html

Post by soldierscowgirl »

I really liked the City of Bones series. You should really read it and see what you think. They are big books too so they'll keep you busy for a while. :D
Rose2read
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose2read.html

Post by Rose2read »

I liked the Lux Novels by Jennifer L Armentrout I am still waiting for the next book but there 6 you can start on. Obsidian is the beginning but there is a novella called Shadows as well.
nowanico2403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nowanico2403.html

Post by nowanico2403 »

:D the lunar chronicles by marissa meyer. perfect blend of syfy and fairy tale adventures.
azeason25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azeason25.html

Post by azeason25 »

You could try City of Bones or Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. The Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass was a book I couldn't put down. The Lunar Chronicles is also a good series that is a futuristic retelling of fairy tales with a paranormal twist to them.
Ashley07
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley07.html
Latest Review: "The Lost Tribe" by Peter Ivey

Post by Ashley07 »

the Star-Crossed series by Rachel Higginson was very good. You can usually find the first of the series sometimes the second too free on B&N. It had a little of everything, romance, mystery, lots of action.
Latest Review: "The Lost Tribe" by Peter Ivey
yalonde
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yalonde.html
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower

Post by yalonde »

I also suggest the Lux series, Lunar chronicles series, star-crossed series, Bloodlines series.
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower
whitewing2611
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Favorite Book: Wintersmith - Terry Pratchett
Currently Reading: The Sleeping Beauty - Mercedes Lackey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitewing2611.html
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by whitewing2611 »

The Host was really good but I dont know when the next one will be out. Tithe by Holly Black was also good.
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by AMP76 »

Anything Casdandra Clare wrote! The mortal instruments was great! Though I think the clockwork trilogy was better. I also read Beautiful Creatures, but didn't care for it as much. Phillipa Gregory has a new YA series out as well, the Order of Darkness.
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
Totoro
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-totoro.html
Latest Review: "The Crystal Heart Volume 1" by Anthony Swinsinski

Post by Totoro »

How about Holly Black? Either her Case Workers series or the Tithe Series. Both series are trilogies, some romance, but nothing too heavy.
Latest Review: "The Crystal Heart Volume 1" by Anthony Swinsinski
voraciousreader
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-voraciousreader.html

Post by voraciousreader »

Check out the Finishing School Series from Gail Carringer. Her writing is quite funny, in a dry, quiet, way. They feature a strong female heroine who uses her wits to get her out of situations involving various supernatural beings. The author also has another series, The Parasol Protectorate, set in the same world, but with more mature characters and situations.
Dezire06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezire06.html

Post by Dezire06 »

Try Alyson Noel, Addison Moore, Cassandra Clare, PC Cast, Melissa De La Cruz, Rachel Caine, or Julia Kagawa.
readitandwept
Favorite Author: Libba Bray
Favorite Book: Ginger Pye
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readitandwept.html
Latest Review: "The Morecambe Medium" by Peter Cakebread with Ken Walton
Publishing Contest Votes: 4
fav_author_id: 2652

Post by readitandwept »

Try the Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. They are about a girl whose family are all mediums. One day when she is out with her mother on St. Mark's Eve when she sees a boy. It is odd because she has never seen a spirit before, only her family has. There has only been one thing she has ever known about herself and that is that she will cause her true love to die.
Latest Review: "The Morecambe Medium" by Peter Cakebread with Ken Walton
db3hr
Favorite Author: Ernest Hemingway
Favorite Book: A Hero of Our Time by Mikhail Lermontov
Currently Reading: The Broom of the System by David Wallace
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-db3hr.html
fav_author_id: 2458

Post by db3hr »

whitewing2611 wrote:The Host was really good but I dont know when the next one will be out. Tithe by Holly Black was also good.
Going to have to second this--Tithe is among the best books I've ever read in this genre, though when I read it the rest of the series wasn't out yet. Now that I'm reading Splintered by A.G. Howard because it's this month's book, I'm really thinking about going back and finishing the rest of A Modern Tale of Faerie; Black really nailed the genre without many of the pitfalls that I've noticed cropping up in paranormal/supernatural YA books today.

I'd also DEFINITELY recommend The Blue Girl by Charles de Lint. It's been a long time since I've read that too but it's always stuck with me. I hate that this genre is so trendy now and yet so many of its forerunners really aren't the best writers :?
sodell39-

Post by sodell39- »

Paranormal Public by Maddy Edwards!!! This is a great series with 9 books so you don't have to wait! Very well written and easy reading. There is romance in the book, but it is certainly age appropriate. I just finished the series myself and am thinking of reading the whole series again!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”