The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
a_dhaningrum
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-dhaningrum.html

The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer

Post by a_dhaningrum »

I immediately interested in these books by the time I read the author's name. Yes, Chris Colfer is the adorable Mr. Kurt Hummel from Glee. Another thing that fascinates me is the genre, Fantasy.

Chris Colfer brought all of your favorite childhood character. From Little Red Riding Hood to Jack from Jack and The Beanstalk. You will be surprised finding out that Snow White, Cinderella, and even Troll became queens in their own kingdom.

Land of Stories are about the story of two siblings, Alex and Conner who 'accidentally' fell into their storybook and got the chance to experience a magical adventure with all of the characters from the book.
The plots are very interesting and beautifully written that make this book definitely un-putdowanable :D
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have read those books and loved them!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
CONSTARA
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-constara.html

Post by CONSTARA »

Some of the best kids stories from my youth, involved becoming part of the story. This works for me.
twirling Em
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twirling-em.html

Post by twirling Em »

Chris Colfer's "The Land of Stories" consists of five fabulous books. All of them star Conner and Alex, just your average, everyday twins, until they find that they come from a secret fairytale world just a few years after their father died. They travel to the fairytale world for the first time in "The Wishing Spell" and meet some of the characters from their favorite childhood stories, including Red Riding Hood, the snobby, stuck up, queen of the Red Riding Hood Kingdom, Mother Goose, a drunken old woman who rides on her trusty goose, and the 3 Charming Brothers,who are married to Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty. Colfer's unique perspective and added details on the fairytale stories made me count the days until his next book came out.
The second book in the series is "The Enchantress Returns", which is about Sleeping Beauty's Villain returning to finish what she started. The third book, "The Grimm Warning", tells about a great battle, and it reveals a shocking secret that could change the twins life forever! The fourth book, "Beyond the Kingdom", is about Conner and Alex jumping from book to book, chasing an evil man. And in his latest book, "An Author's Odyssey", tells of the twins fighting a mad man in a story Conner wrote!
These books were fun and exciting to read and would entertain both kids and adults. I would recommend this thrilling series to someone with a taste for adventure, mystery, humor, and love.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”