Kingkiller Chronicle Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Avaleinna07
Currently Reading: Angel of Storms
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avaleinna07.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Kingkiller Chronicle Series

Post by Avaleinna07 »

Who else has read the Kingkiller Chronicle series? I love Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear. They are my favorite books of all time!!! Every time I pick up a book now, I am usually disappointed because of how good these books are.
Daeja
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daeja.html

Post by Daeja »

Are these really satisfying to read? For some reason I get a sad ending vibe from them... But I really like Patrick Rothfuss - I saw him speak in person at last year's World Fantasy Con and he was fantastic!
Ayakashi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayakashi.html

Post by Ayakashi »

These are the best books ever! It's long, with likable characters and the writing style is amazing. I love the way it's almost like an autobiography. ^_^ these aren't really sad, at least not in the first two books, but the third wasn't out yet, last I checked. actually, I probably need to check again.

Some other books that are almost as good (not quite though) are the mistborn books and the dance of cloaks.

Daeja, you are SO lucky getting to see him! he's an amazing Author. I am jealous.
thsavage2
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thsavage2.html
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday

Post by thsavage2 »

I LOVE these books! I also compare everything I read to them, which is a very lofty standard. Rothfuss has such a way with words and stories (and sometimes he even writes in verse, geez...). I cannot wait for the last book to come out and solve some of the mysteries he's been building since the very beginning! Aaah! And yes, I think it will probably have a sad ending. Kote himself says this to Bast during a scene in the frame, I'm pretty sure. I don't think it will be unsatisfying though. It will be beautifully tragic. I can always pick these up and open them to a random place and get totally engrossed in the story for the Nth time. I also did enjoy Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn books, as well as his Stormlight Archive (Way of Kings and Words of Radiance). I love juxtaposing these two writers because Rothfuss takes forever but his prose is just breathtaking, and Sanderson writes like the wind and his prose is very clear and transparent.
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday
fitzyfool1
Favorite Author: robin hobb
Favorite Book: Tawny man trilogy
Currently Reading: Fools Assasin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fitzyfool1.html
fav_author_id: 8882

Post by fitzyfool1 »

I completely agree he is superb.
When i read books i always compare them to either Patrick Rothfuss and Robin Hobb.
Very few match up.
MJohnson

Post by MJohnson »

I also enjoyed this series so far, and am looking forward to the next book. It's been awhile since I've looked Rothfuss up...does anyone know if he is going to finish the series with the third book or are there going to be more? Because it seems like there is still so much to cover about Kvothe's history and what's going on currently.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”