The Lux Series By Jennifer L Armentrout

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
scquarantillo
Favorite Author: rachel vincent
Favorite Book: Forever by Judy Blume
Currently Reading: Undead to the World
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scquarantillo.html
fav_author_id: 4455

Re: The Lux Series By Jennifer L Armentrout

Post by scquarantillo »

I have heard nothing but good things about this series! Unfortunately I just haven't had time to start it. I am hoping to get the first book this weekend and start it. Based on the reviews it seems like something I would really love!
Mares Nest
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Pearl that Broke Its Shell
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mares-nest.html
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Mares Nest »

I'd read this book long time ago, when I was a hormone driven 16 year old, but even now when I read the final book in the series, Armentrout knows how to cook up a sexy love interest.
I've always liked Katy, she's blunt, addicted to books and gets a super hot alien boyfriend, who wouldn't like that XD
Though some scenes in this series were cliche, but the whole Alien twist covers up for it.
aleskarose_
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aleskarose_ »

As someone who avidly reads as much as she can, once I found this wonderful and fantasy-filled series by Jennifer L Armentrout I was immediately trapped in this new world.

The lead shows such amazing character with a quirkiness that rivals most heroines recently, she also has simple traits I believe anyone can relate to. The girl then meets the boy, the boy who cannot be hers and, as the story progresses the chemistry--and fantasy--increases.

The world in which both main characters and their corresponding supporting characters, is a mish mash of reality and fantasy with aspects of sci-fi as this book relies on the male main to be something out of this world...literally!

Overall, the series explores two young leads and the lives around them. These characters meet trials and tribulations, they feel grief and unending love.

A series for those who love to be taken through an adventure, a rollercoaster of twists and turns and an emotional battlefield.
Adela1209
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Adela1209 »

I've just finished reading "Onyx" and I can say, this serie caught my attention. It's very well written and easy to read. The characters are funny and unique - it's impossible not to love them. I can't wait to start reading "Opal". :)
moonshoes
Currently Reading: always and forever lara jean
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moonshoes.html

Post by moonshoes »

I've read the first two or three books in this series, and I started off sort of tolerating the first book. It had a lot of plot devices and characters (super hot and super douchey neighbor, for instance, haha, oh boy) that annoyed me, but I got through it because the idea of the story interested me. But then the author kept on pulling new drama out of her sleeve, each twist more ridiculous than the last, and I couldn't take it anymore. It got increasingly harder for me to pick up the book(s) without actively taking apart her writing and hating it more and more, so in the end I gave up. It honestly saddens me a little that I ended up hating this so much, because I've read so many rave reviews and the story showed a lot of promise.

So, yeah. This ended up being a huge disappointment. Frankly, I'm still bitter about it.
Belovedbookkeeper
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belovedbookkeeper.html

Post by Belovedbookkeeper »

These books are absolutely AMAZING. They are ranked highly on my top ten series of all time. Definitely recommend them everyone.
nabila nawar93
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by nabila nawar93 »

Jennifer is one of my favourite authors.She is my auto buy author.I will read anything she writes.DB is bae...I so want bookish candles scented like him....I love Pepe Toth as DB on the cover....major fangirling!!
Lhall22
Favorite Author: Sue Grafton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhall22.html
fav_author_id: 3282

Post by Lhall22 »

I'm currently re-reading this series. It's one of my favorites!
JOELEKURI
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by JOELEKURI »

Not sure what to say concerning this review but the novel sure sounds real interesting from the cover page.
Toshia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 912">First Grave on the Right</a>
Bookshelf Size: 513
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toshia.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly

Post by Toshia »

These books were absolutely amazing! I absolutely fell in love with Daemon and Katy!
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
HelenAlumno
Currently Reading: Dragonhunters
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by HelenAlumno »

I have read the whole series and I love it once I started reading the first book I'm addicted can't wait to read the next one.
MariaAlmo
Currently Reading:

Post by MariaAlmo »

I absolutely love the series and have read it several times
HelenAlumno
Currently Reading: Dragonhunters
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by HelenAlumno »

The Lux Series by Jennifer Armentrout:
I've read the whole series and I enjoyed reading it the action and thrill and romance is there can't wait for her next book you have to read it to experience it.
brenesalexa

Post by brenesalexa »

I read the Lux series when I was 15. I really liked the entire world of the Lux series, the characters and the story of each of them. Thanks to this series I was introduced to reading fantasy books.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”