Books about angels

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Re: Books about angels

Post by CrescentMoon »

There's a book called Summer of my Secret Angel by Piper Shelly, but it used to be called Loving Your Lies. This book was really touching and sweet.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Sarah1
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah1.html
Latest Review: "The Paranormal Gazette" by Anthony Bartholomew

Post by Sarah1 »

I read Fallen and found it interesting but I have a hard time with the angels topic. I tend to avoid them. I would recommend Fallen if it's what you're into though.
"You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child." Dr. Seuss
Latest Review: "The Paranormal Gazette" by Anthony Bartholomew
Reshmi
Favorite Author: Too many to name
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Our Lady of Alice Bhatti
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reshmi.html

Post by Reshmi »

'Angelology' first book from the author Danielle Trussoni that I have read and if you have liked books like Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, I am sure you will like this one too.It’s a work of fiction loosely based around the myths and stories about angels, which I was never aware of before and as always provides us with an alternative view on some of the myths that we have come to believe is true. For example , I have always believed that angels were a symbol of all that is good and perfect in the world. However this book forces you to think that it might not be so. It would be a good idea to keep in mind, before you start reading that this book, is a work of fiction.
Lauryn April
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauryn-april.html

Post by Lauryn April »

bookmate96 wrote:
sbanks147 wrote:Sweet evil involves Angels and demons. The main focus seems to be on demons and their offspring but angels do show up quite a bit too, especially guardian angels
I absolutely love the Sweet Evil books, but no one seems to have heard of them, anywhoo angel books that I would recommend:
Grace Series by S. L. Naeole
Immortal City by Scott Spear
Angel by L. A. Weatherly
The Premonition Series by Amy A. Bartol
Hope this helps!
I've read the Sweet Evil series. They were good. The first book started out more about the demons, but by the third book you got into more of the angel stuff.
SidnayC
Favorite Book: I am yet to read a book worthy
Currently Reading: Inescapable by Amy Bartol
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sidnayc.html
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp

Post by SidnayC »

I also really love books about angels... But it is so hard finding a good one to read.
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you - Maya Angelou
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
scifinut

Post by scifinut »

The best series I ever read about angels was Sharon Shinn's Samaria series:

Archangel
Jovah's Angel
The Alleluia Files
Angelica - Although this is the fourth novel in the Samaria series, it is set before the first book Archangel.
Angel-Seeker

Hope you enjoy!
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Son of Angels: Jonah Stone by Jerel Law
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
LibbiM
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libbim.html

Post by LibbiM »

Samaria by Sharon Shinn.

They are geared more toward younger readers but interesting and fun to read nonetheless. There are 5 of them plus a short in an anthology called To Weave a Web of Magic.
debo9967
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debo9967.html
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover

Post by debo9967 »

I like the Fallen series by Lauren Kate too!
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover
Jesska6029
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: It and Mr. Mercedes
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesska6029.html
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Jesska6029 »

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare is really, really good. That series has great characters and a really good story line!

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is really original. It's about fallen angels.
“Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” ~J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
DaniMnv
Currently Reading: Prince Lestat
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danimnv.html
Latest Review: "Afterworld" by Michael James Ploof

Post by DaniMnv »

Ulquishinee Posts: 5Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 00:49Location: LatviaBookshelf Size: 0 books
------------------

You are absolutely correct Ulquishinee regarding Gena Showalter. I've read just about everything she's written and have not been disappointed yet. My favorite series is the Lords of the Underworld, however, it was her Angels of the Dark series that I first started with. It was Zacharel's book, Wicked Nights that hooked me. She's written two others in this series since. I also highly recommend Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series. Woo Nelly!! This is the very first vampire series that ultimately turned me into the addict that I am today. Just to let you know how kick butt this series is, I actually found her book The Lunatic Café while working overnight at a hotel. It's like number 3 or 4 in the series but was good enough as a stand alone to make me want more. It also made me go back and start the series from the beginning. I've read hundreds of books in this genre and she is still my favorite author hands down. She takes chances like no one else and her character development is phenomenal. She really makes your heart bleed and your blood boil with these characters. She also has a Fairy series as well. Which is also one of my favorites (The Meredith Gentry series). However, you should be warned her books can be very graphic. Bloody, Erotic and Imaginative if you get my meaning. I've capitalized them all I know, but for very good reason ;-)
Latest Review: "Afterworld" by Michael James Ploof
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

sbanks147 wrote:Sweet evil involves Angels and demons. The main focus seems to be on demons and their offspring but angels do show up quite a bit too, especially guardian angels
I really enjoyed this series and the twists on Angels and Demons that it provides.

Other Angel books that I have enjoyed include:

The Premonition series by Amy Bartol
Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick
The Revelation Series by Randi Cooley Wilson
The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate
A Beautiful Dark series by Jocelyn Davies
Guardian Trilogy Series by Laury Falter
Unearthly Series by Cynthia Hand
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
Leighann-Marie
Currently Reading: Furious
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leighann-marie.html
Latest Review: "Hardup" by J. Scott Matthews

Post by Leighann-Marie »

Fall From Grace by Christine Zolendz is the first book in a series involving Angels. I read this series a couple of years ago and loved it. It is the Mad World series. I would definitely rate it 4 out of 4.

It is not your typical Angel series but there are recognizable aspects in the story and if you're interested in books with Angels it's definitely a must read.
Latest Review: "Hardup" by J. Scott Matthews
Vickyoreo86
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =118626">A Court of Wings and Ruin</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickyoreo86.html
Latest Review: Cover Your Tracks, Leona Leitman by C. S. Johnson

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

I went through an Angel phase around the time Susan Ee released Angelfall. For some reason I loved the Penryn and the End of Days series even though they were not close to being as good as some of the titles mentioned here *which i am currently writing down and checking out* but it was simple, sweet in places, very strange and not too heavy on romance but had enough of it through the series to keep me interested.
“We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences.”
― David Gemmell

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”