Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nicole-in-wonderland
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-in-wonderland.html

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Post by Nicole-in-wonderland »

At first this book was just an in-between reader while I waited for a couple other next books in series I was into, but Unearthly quickly went to the top of my list! The story flows smoothly through the plot and it's easy to get caught up in and not want to put it down! Clara is just like any other high schoolers except for the fact she is part angel; in fact so is her brother and mother.. And it turns out they're not the only ones! All angel bloods have a purpose sent from God that they must figure out and complete which is driving Clara crazy! She is seeing bits and pieces of her purpose in visions while she is wide awake and going about her day, talk about awkward! Her visions lead her family to move to where they think the vision is going to happen, once at her new school she recognizes the boy from her vision Christian. Throw in a heated love triangle between Clara, Christian & a southern boy named Tucker and a few friends such as Angela Zerbino along the way and you've got a great keep you on the edge of your seat book! Definitely worth the read!
abbiewolfe92

Post by abbiewolfe92 »

I absolutely loved this book! At first I thought it would be just another sci-fi teenage romance book like any other, but it was unique and very well written. I have just started reading the third book of the series, boundless, and am having a hard time putting the book down!
Tara_18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-18.html

Post by Tara_18 »

This book was really good, I loved it! I haven't been able to read the second one yet, it's on my book list of to-reads haha, but I can't wait. :D
Tasnia001

Post by Tasnia001 »

This is one of the best YA books out there! I thought the sequel was even better, especially as we got to see more of Christian.
Ashleigh Maree
Favorite Author: Too Many
Currently Reading: Boundless - Cynthia Hand

Post by Ashleigh Maree »

Absolutely love these books - I'm yet to finish Hallowed but I love it immensley. This is the type of book you can't put down. The characters are amazing! Christian Prescott <3 Up with the best YA books in my opinion :D :D
Smitha Nayak

Post by Smitha Nayak »

Unearthly tells the story of Clara Gardner, a teenager who has learned that she, her brother Jeffrey and her mother are part angel—known as angel-bloods. Clara's hybrid status grants her various superhuman abilities, and also gives her an undiscovered purpose to fulfill. After dreaming of a young man and a forest fire, Clara eventually meets and watches over Christian, the boy in her visions. She also befriends a brooding angel-blood named Angela, a spunky girl named Wendy, and Wendy's brother Tucker. As the story progresses, Clara becomes romantically drawn to both Christian and Tucker, learns of a conflict with fallen angels, and tries to discover her purpose on Earth. The one vision could be the end and she could live the rest of her life with out seeing the visions again, but nothing is ever as it seems, not even her father.
Dezire06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezire06.html

Post by Dezire06 »

Unearthly was a Great book I was sad to finish it
bookdreamer

Post by bookdreamer »

I have honestly read so many books in my life and unearthly series is the best no doubt. I remember how I started reading and fell in love with the book. I reread the series over and over, I always search up "books similar to unearthly" no joke. I will never forget how this book is one of the few that have made me stay up all night reading it. :)
mkostecki11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mkostecki11.html

Post by mkostecki11 »

I think Cynthia Hand did an exceptional job with the imagery. The description of the mountains was absolutely perfect, and the setting really helped captivate me in the story. I loved loved loved that the author didn’t feel that she had to put in a cliffhanger to get readers to read her next book. The conclusion left me curious but satisfied and happy. The characters were well-developed and their friendships with one another were fun to watch develop, especially since Clara was new to her school we got to see how it all started. Clara and Tucker’s relationship was by far the cutest thing I’ve ever read. Throughout the book my heart got broken a couple times but it was nice that in this book I didn’t have to wait long before everything turned out okay. The conclusion was action packed, intense, and heart-pounding. It was perfect.
Hailey_Gardner
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailey-gardner.html

Post by Hailey_Gardner »

Read this book maybe over a year ago and I still find myself thinking about it. Great book and I often compare it to others. :)
symanthagattis13
Currently Reading: The List by Siobhan Vivian
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-symanthagattis13.html

Post by symanthagattis13 »

I remember reading this book and feeling as if I had been transported into this world she talked about. She's such a beautifully descriptive author. I loved how she wrote this and lead us from one belief to another and of course having a slight jump scare at the end
trisprior
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trisprior.html

Post by trisprior »

When the book was first recommended to me, I was honestly not excited for it at all because the cover didn't intrigue me. I thought it was going to be something like Beautiful Creatures, which I know was really not logical of me now that I've read the book. I admit that when I started with it I got a bit bored and thought: "Oh, great, another paranormal YA romance story about destiny."
But then the pace picked up, and I started to really get into the book. It was really vivid and relatable and I loved how imperfect Clara is and how she makes mistakes. I also loved that, unlike all other YA stories with love triangles, there's no "bad ass guy who's rude but really good deep inside". No, both guys are decent and genuinely loved Clara. Everything about it screams uniqueness.
It was a captivating read and it just transported me elsewhere. One of my favorite books.
jiangkelly95
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jiangkelly95.html

Post by jiangkelly95 »

“Mais Oui!” chapters are divided into 3 étapes [stages]; “8.2” means “Chapître 8, Deuxième étape”. A contrôle is a chapter quiz. Echappées [escapes] are departures from “Mais Oui” - current news, songs, movie shorts, etc. Monday lectures meet in Morrill 107
nnkm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=86755">A Court of Misty and Fury</a>
Currently Reading: Scarlet
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnkm13.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by nnkm13 »

This series has been a wonderful journey to follow of Cynthia Hand's adaptation of angel-bloods roaming the earth trying to fulfill their destiny. This book ends the battle between the angel-bloods and black wings and we finally find out who Clara ends up with. Because I didn't like Hand's choice of eternal love for Clara, I gave this book a rating of 4.75 although it would have received a 5 with it ended the way I wanted it to.
Bobbylou Chandler

Post by Bobbylou Chandler »

I liked this series- I thought it was imaginative and intriguing. I went back to re-read it once and I still got caught up in the plot even though I knew how everything ends

Also, the books ended happily for me as Clara ended up with the person I wanted her to end up with:)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”