What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book Worm Jen
Currently Reading: The Fall
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-worm-jen.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Post by Book Worm Jen »

I am currently reading "The Strain". I am on the 2nd book. I find them hard to put down. I find myself at times thinking I know what is going to happen next because I watched the show but I am almost always wrong. They are so different. I really recommend.
edelaoefi
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edelaoefi.html

Post by edelaoefi »

I'm currently finishing up the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. It has been pretty good, I really enjoy that the vampires seem to stay as separate beings and don't become too likable, I think it adds a sense of realism to the story. I do have to say that I have not become as attached to any of the characters in the Stackhouse series as I did those of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurell Hamilton that I read earlier this year. I just think that the characters presented by Hamilton were more well rounded and developed than those Harris depicted. Both series were enjoyable overall though and provided many hours of entertainment.
k2mixrider
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by k2mixrider »

My favorite Vampire series to date is Elizabeth Hunter's Elemental Series and subsequent books in the series. The characters are believable and from the first 20 pages you are dragged right in to the adventure. As most Vampire books their is history and book intrigue that makes it feel authentic and not "trashy" as some of the vampire books can be. I would highly recommend her to sci-fy and fiction readers looking for a good quick passed book as well as a longer series.
Kayhoff24

Post by Kayhoff24 »

I have no idea where to even begin I have always loved vampire books! I constantly read them and can't get enough! Favorites of mine would include.. The morganville vampire series, twilight, vampire kisses , house of night , vampire academy and so many more !!!
laurenrose
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenrose.html

Post by laurenrose »

I love the Night Huntress and Night Prince Series with Jeaniene Frost as well. The audio books were amazing, the narrator really enhanced an already good story. Here Be Sexist Vampires by Suzanne Wright is hilarious.
BookBlossom
Currently Reading: His Special Little Girl - Incest in a Christian Home
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookblossom.html

Post by BookBlossom »

I really enjoyed the Riley Jenson Guardian series by Keri Arthur. It's a mix of fantasy and erotica about a vamp-werewolf hybrid trying to find her soulmate while kicking some paranormal butt.
_hbanga
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Perfect Chemistry</a>
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hbanga.html

Post by _hbanga »

I really enjoyed reading the House of Night series, I liked the concept and thought it was cool how their day worked the opposite of humans. The story was a fun ride and it was quite different. I loved following along because you become so attached to the characters. I also want to read the Southern Vampire Mysteries, True Blood was my favourite show and I think it would be fun to read about different adventures with the characters I have grown to love.
Leighann-Marie
Currently Reading: Furious
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leighann-marie.html
Latest Review: "Hardup" by J. Scott Matthews

Post by Leighann-Marie »

The Thirst series by Christopher Pike is really good. It's about a woman vampire who is roughly 1000 years old. Christopher Pike is a well written author with a few different books I've read.
As for Vampire specifically, his is one of the only that I've really enjoyed because it is written out a bit differently than mosy vampire series.
Latest Review: "Hardup" by J. Scott Matthews
Renee Bella
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3565">City of Lost Souls</a>
Currently Reading: Torn
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-bella.html
Latest Review: "Evarance - Rise of the Shadows" by Bonnie M. Clark

Post by Renee Bella »

My favourite is the 'House of Night' series by P. C. and Kristin Cast. I really enjoy the mythological and elemental elements that the series has to it.
Write your own destiny...
Latest Review: "Evarance - Rise of the Shadows" by Bonnie M. Clark
Ashleighpage74
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Ashleighpage74 »

I am partial to the Sookie Stackhouse series. The first 6 books or so were really enjoyable.
Sweetmommy4
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Sweetmommy4 »

Definitely Twilight! I have not read any other vampire books - supernatural ones yes - but not vampires. Guess I need to branch out more!
mama2two

Post by mama2two »

I personally love the Twilight series by Maggie Shayne. Some you can find in rare bookstores or online if you are lucky. Very adult and not at all like the teen twilight series
dejab
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dejab.html

Post by dejab »

For more recent books I like vampire academy, for a more intricate and complex story line , Anne rice
annette84
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annette84.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by annette84 »

The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series was the turning point for me in Vampire Romance. I wasn't a big fan before reading this series and once I began reading the series, beginning with "Dark Lover", I quickly fell in love with Vampire fantasy. The story of Wrath and Beth is enticing. I am currently reading "The Shadows"
Sasha For
Currently Reading: The Haunted Bookshop
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasha-for.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sasha For »

It is a reread but it is worth mentioning. Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series. There are many books in this series but they are all worth reading. Instead of getting boring over time Hamilton has made a point of developing characters that are connected to the main story. Instead of simply being a Vampire novel it brings in other super natural beings as well as a detective aspect as well. She does not spend a great amount of time on character development in the beginning but allows her characters unfold as the story unfolds.

Each novel has it's own detective story but the same characters run through many of them. This series was great the first time around and is currently great the second time around.

Hamilton wrote a great series here and I recommend reading it.
Sasha

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”