What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SharisseEM
Favorite Author: Mia Sheridan
Favorite Book: Stinger
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharisseem.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
fav_author_id: 3312

Re: What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Post by SharisseEM »

I love The Vampire Who Loved Me by Theresa Medeiros. I've read it over and over again. The hero is called Julian, a vampire, and the heroine is Portia. Julian's brother is married to Portia's sister. Both characters are witty and their attraction is undeniable. Portia's been in love with Julian since she was a young girl and now she's a hot young woman and Julian finds it more difficult to resist her. After Midnight is the prequel to this story and it features the romance between Portia's sisters and two other men, one of which is Julian's brother. It's a historical novel.
“I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.”
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
SusanE
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susane.html

Post by SusanE »

The first vampire books I ever read was the Twilight Saga and I loved them (at the time I was in middle school lol) but then I got a hold of The Vampire Diaries and I LOVE THEM. I remember them as the first books that ever made me cry, so they'll always be special in that regard.
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

I loved The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause! It was one of the first YA vampire novels, and I can definitely see its influence in popular series like Twilight and Vampire Diaries!
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
jweber

Post by jweber »

I really enjoy "The hollows" series by Kim Harrison. There are plenty of different kinds of creatures and adventures. Not as childish as the Twilight books. Also, call me a sucker for Vamp novels, but I still love the original Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris.
ribbons and roses
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ribbons-and-roses.html

Post by ribbons and roses »

My favorite and last vampire series that I read was the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. There is a lot of action and romance, which I love.
hareid03
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hareid03.html

Post by hareid03 »

I'm actually in the process of rereading the Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine. It's a fun read with some fast-paced action, romance, and, of course, vampires! But not only vampires. There are also ghosts and some crazy plot twists. There are 15 books in the series, all of which I have not read, thus my rereading the series.
Bwoodby4405

Post by Bwoodby4405 »

I read the Chicagoland Vampires series too! You should check out the Mercy Thompson series too! The protagonist is a female werewolf, and I don't usually like werewolf books, but I love that series! Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series is also awesome! It's about a female witch and her struggles, and I don't really like reading about witches either, but I really enjoy all three of these series!
Lisa121

Post by Lisa121 »

the last series on vampires I truly enjoyed reading was Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I've tried a few of the new ones and never manage to make it past the first few chapters without losing interest. I still hold out hope I'll eventually find one I enjoy.
deltabells21

Post by deltabells21 »

Best and all time favorite vampire book/series I have read belongs to Laurell K Hamilton's series, The Anita Bake, Vampire Hunter series. All time favorite hands down. They have a little bit of everything! Vampires that feed on suck sex and blood, incubus' and succubus', werewolves, were-leopards, tigers, bears and more! Zombies to ghouls to dead raising, criminal butt kicking to romance. It is a series with a little bit of naughty and nice thrown in to the mix that satisfies all cravings! A must read series. Start with Guily Pleasures and move your way down the list. Trust me, you do not want to skip around the books. It gets confusing, complicated a bit messy (story scenes in the book; blood gore and guts) in places you weren't expecting. Stay with the series in order and you will love the entire ride Laurell K Hamilton takes you on!
natasha richmond
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-richmond.html

Post by natasha richmond »

The Twilight Saga is the only vampire series I have read but after reading posts about other series I am looking forward to reading more vampires series then I will get back to you on which is my favorite. :)
frastlin

Post by frastlin »

I love kind of off-kilter vampire books:
Vampire Academy is to die for, I love Richelle Mead. This is politics, romance, magic and (for the first series, high school) all mixed into 1.
Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan is really your not typical vampire book. It is probably because it curtails the adventures of a young boy who becomes a vampire through something like a hundred years.
House of Night by P. C. Cast is also pretty good.

If you would like books where vampires are present, but not really the main protagonist, I can help with that, but the above should keep one reading for a good while!
Indhira_Me
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-indhira-me.html

Post by Indhira_Me »

What a coincidence! I am just reading a vampire series and so far I like it very much. I am on the fourth book and its a seven book series. The name of the series is - A shade of Vampire.
Charlotteniblett7
Currently Reading:

Post by Charlotteniblett7 »

I Must admit this is a difficult decision, my favourite series period is the Rachel Morgan books by Kim Harrison, however as purely vampire series go its a toss up between The House Of Night series and Vampire Academy series. Also the Morganville series is pretty good!!
Allison
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allison.html

Post by Allison »

I agree...the Black Dagger Brotherhood is the best I've read. I love the world, characters and the different storylines. Its a fabulous world that J.R Ward has created and I'm actually about to read the twelfth book in the series...Can't wait!!!
jjones3841
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjones3841.html

Post by jjones3841 »

I have fallen in love with Lynsay Sands books. The Argeneau series is one of the best I have come across, and it has vampires, so it is just that much better. She has a great way with words. You really feel a part of the story, and the way she writes her series, you could read them alone or in order, and not miss out on anything. She incorporates characters from past and future novels and it is simply divine.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”