What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jesska6029
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: It and Mr. Mercedes
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesska6029.html
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
fav_author_id: 1778

Re: What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Post by Jesska6029 »

The Morganville Vampires is a really good series. It's about a town of vampires who coexist with humans, and of course, problems arise that must be solved. I really liked the humor in the series, and I enjoyed the complexity of the characters as well. Definitely give the series a go!
“Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” ~J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
adauzat90
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by adauzat90 »

I just started it but so far the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice is turning out to be a great read. Very interesting characters with a well developed plot. I'm really looking forward to finishing the series.
KateCrRdr
Favorite Author: Joe Dispenza
Favorite Book: Breaking your habit for being yourself
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katecrrdr.html
fav_author_id: 6757

Post by KateCrRdr »

Well, i'm not original in that way. The Twilight Saga the most popular and for me was curious to compare books with movies. And i want to say, that books better than movies.
demme55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-demme55.html

Post by demme55 »

My favorite vampire book is Sunshine by Robin McKinley. I read it over and over and have purchased the book many time - I tend to lend it out and it keeps getting passed on to yet another reader so I buy it again and again and pass it on again. :)

I highly recommend it!
Christinar81
Favorite Author: Too hard to pick one
Currently Reading: Barracuda
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinar81.html
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon

Post by Christinar81 »

I love the Sookie Stackhouse vampire Series by Charlaine Harris. They based the HBO tv show TrueBlood off of this series.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West
Latest Review: "Revelations From the Past" by Lori J Gordon
demme55

Post by demme55 »

Christinar81 wrote:I love the Sookie Stackhouse vampire Series by Charlaine Harris. They based the HBO tv show TrueBlood off of this series.

I love Charlaine Harris' books! True blood (the HBO series) was pretty good for the first season, but then they deviated so far from the original stories that I quit watching.
Valleygirl1985

Post by Valleygirl1985 »

I recently read the Vampire Academy series. I really enjoyed all of them, and I just found out the author started a new series with some of the minor characters. I'm going to order them from Amazon tomorrow!
claire13berger

Post by claire13berger »

The first book in this series is called A Discovery of Witches and from the very beginning I could not set this book down. The author brings in the fantasy of witches and vampires along with historical references to our mundane world. Diana Bishop, the lead female character, is a studious, strong willed woman who just so happens to be a witch. Compared to series with weak female characters such as the Twilight series, this book left me feeling empowered as a woman and smarter than I had been before I read this thrilling tale of adventure, mystery, love and magic.
Host25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-host25.html

Post by Host25 »

The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs is amazing I loved it it's not specifically a vampire series more warewolfs with vampires in it, I like the way it is written though with the main character Mercy a mechanic always being the one to get into trouble.
Great series though and very easy to read!
demme55

Post by demme55 »

Host25 wrote:The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs is amazing I loved it it's not specifically a vampire series more warewolfs with vampires in it, I like the way it is written though with the main character Mercy a mechanic always being the one to get into trouble.
Great series though and very easy to read!

This is a great series. I love that her vampire friend is a Scooby Doo fan - with his mystery machine van. :-)
AngiiLewis

Post by AngiiLewis »

The Mortal Instruments
And The Coldest Girl in Coldtown but it more like twilight.
shantyknight
Favorite Author: P. N. Elrod
Currently Reading: The Last American Vampire
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by shantyknight »

The Vampire Files by P.N. Elrod. Love, love, love her writing style. Found her on Facebook and sent a friend request (which she accepted). She is an interesting lady, as much as the characters in her books.
gatorgirl_823
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatorgirl-823.html
Latest Review: "Slam" by Tash McAdam

Post by gatorgirl_823 »

I would recommend "A Shade of Vampire" series by Bella Forrest. She's an indie author but has a huge following. I think the series is up to book 11 or 12 now with a couple spin-offs too. It's a YA series but I enjoy it.
Latest Review: "Slam" by Tash McAdam
groundivy
Currently Reading: Kitchen Confidential
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by groundivy »

i havent read any lately. i do love anne rice's "The Vampire Lestat".
if i had to pick a favorite it would be "Pandora" also in that series if that is what you would call it.
groundivy
Currently Reading: Kitchen Confidential
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by groundivy »

i havent read any lately. i do love anne rice's "The Vampire Lestat".
if i had to pick a favorite it would be "Pandora" also in that series if that is what you would call it.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”