What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Poly
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poly.html

Re: What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Post by Poly »

The Saga of Darren Shan. It's been a while since I read it, but it sort of stayed with me.
tamara_mc41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-mc41.html

Post by tamara_mc41 »

Poly wrote:The Saga of Darren Shan. It's been a while since I read it, but it sort of stayed with me.
cirque due freak - was my fave book in I think junior high, I was so excited when they started making the movies, and then was so disappointed when they only made one and had to stop.
I think if more people would have read the books and known about it, they could have made them all.
that or they should have gone a tv show route with it.

but any way my favorite vampire book is interview with a vampire by anne rice.
I love how classy the story was. and really stayed true to the legends of vampires.

and the movie was done very well.
I am not typically fond of tom cruise but I like him in this movie.
mpridgen
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill

Post by mpridgen »

The Morgansville Vampires are a good one, it's a long series but it's totally worth the read.
dagbjortxox
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dagbjortxox.html

Post by dagbjortxox »

Vampire academy without a doubt. I love it so much. The forbidden love the action the drama it's amazing!
Janik
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janik.html

Post by Janik »

Black Dagger Brotherhood is my favorite. The world is very well created and explained and their are many alternating POV's which add more depth to the story. I have read the first eleven books and have yet to read The King, the twelfth book in the series. I have to set aside some time to read that book as its one of my favorite series.
doppelganger
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doppelganger.html

Post by doppelganger »

My favorite is probably the Blood of Eden trilogy. I have only read the first two books, but I loved them.
georgiagravel90
Currently Reading: Clockwork Prince

Post by georgiagravel90 »

Funnily enough, despite all the tv airing it got, the True Blood Series is actually quite a good read and I really enjoyed reading them before the show even came out. I can also recommend the Vampire Academy series. If you like blunt writing and a string female lead.
JRosedale10
Currently Reading: TUCK

Post by JRosedale10 »

Okay, i haven't read this one yet personally, but Anne Rice has come out with her new Vampire Chronicles book (no. 11) called Prince Lestat, which looks amazing.
sammybsu7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammybsu7.html

Post by sammybsu7 »

One of my big complaints is so many of these books have become too sexually graphic for my taste. I do not consider myself a prude in any way but I rather use my imagination than read about every detail. I love a good vampire book but I am not into all the vulgarity.
HoneyB
Currently Reading: The Law of Moses
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeyb.html
Latest Review: "The Whisper of Time" by Ute Carbone

Post by HoneyB »

Richelle Mead - Vampire Academy series - Best YA vamp series I've ever read
Bella Forrest - Shade Of Vampire series - YA/mature teen
Kerrelyn Sparks - Love at Stake series - very funny
SC Stephens - Conversion series - real life quality
Lynsay Sands - Argeneau series - light, sometimes funny, great romance
Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires series - very clean adult/YA for vampire stories - fantastic action, plots
JR Ward - Black Dagger Brotherhood series - you can't help but love the characters - one of my all time favorites
Lara Adrian - Midnight Breed series - similar to BDB by Ward, but just as good
Christine Feehan - Dark Carpathians series - different take on vampires, very good series to grow with
Katie MacAlister - Dark Ones series - corky, adventurous
Sherrilyn Kenyon - Dark Hunter series - emotionally charged, dark reads but so worth it
Jeaniene Frost - Night Huntress/Night Huntress World/Night Prince - delectable adventures - another favorite of mine

Oh, I almost forgot - Stephanie Meyer - Twilight series - love it or hate it, it makes my list! (And I love it!)
A book is a device to ignite the imagination.
~Alan Bennett
Latest Review: "The Whisper of Time" by Ute Carbone
ericrigby

Post by ericrigby »

I was really impressed with "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." You'll probably roll your eyes because the premise sounds crazy, but the book was fairly historically accurate about Lincoln's political career and family life, and then you add in the excitement of staking the undead across a nation divided by slavery.
Alexavier-Taiga
Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
Favorite Book: Struck By Lightning by Chris Colfer
Currently Reading: reading five books and they wont fit
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexavier-taiga.html
fav_author_id: 2456

Post by Alexavier-Taiga »

Defiantly the True Blood series. Both the book ad the TV show are excellent and a good combination of vampires, romance and excitement. I first read them when I was 12/13 and they are just as good now as when I first read them
So many books to read, so little time..
ejcogan
Favorite Author: Jeaniene Frost
Favorite Book: Once Burned
Currently Reading: The Truth of all Flesh
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejcogan.html
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
fav_author_id: 3311

Post by ejcogan »

I just recently came across Jeaniene Frost. The only books I've read so far are Once burned and Twice Tempted from the Night Prince series. The 3rd installment just got released yesterday so I'll be reading that one as well. After reading the first book, Jeaniene Frost became my favorite author! She is spot on with her writing and her humor is great! There are some pretty descriptive "steamy" scenes that made me blush but other than that I am glad I came across her books. This particular series involves Dracula and it is not at all what I was expecting! Very,very good books! I will be reading all of her books.
It is better to have loved and lost, than to be married to a psycho for the rest of your life.
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
sweetly_twisted
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetly-twisted.html

Post by sweetly_twisted »

Poly wrote:The Saga of Darren Shan. It's been a while since I read it, but it sort of stayed with me.
Oh I love those too! I cannot wait until my kids are old enough for them. They're nearly there.
ashleeboyer
Favorite Author: Jen L Armentrout
Favorite Book: Too many to choose from
Currently Reading: White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L Armentrout
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleeboyer.html

Post by ashleeboyer »

Well if you really liked Twilight, then you'd probably like the Blue Bloods series by Melissa De La Cruz. It's a YA series, but its a completely different world of vampires and there is also a love story in there. But definitely one of my favorites other than Twilight. The rest I've read have either been bad copies of Twilight or really cheesy.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”