What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tia_w
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: fault in our stars
Currently Reading: Chosen by P.C Cast
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tia-w.html
fav_author_id: 2072

Re: What is the best vampire book/series you've read lately?

Post by Tia_w »

The house of night series by P.C Cast. So far I've read the first 2 books out of the series, and cannot wait to read the rest, because its honestly so addicting!
Amber_Lee25

Post by Amber_Lee25 »

I really enjoyed reading Twilight. I actually read the series three times, but there is a less popular series that I literally couldn't put down. It is called Vampire Academy. It also has an Alchemy series that goes right after it. Out of all the vampire books I have read these were my favorites. I do have to say that the movie is a complete waste, but the books are very believable and can actually take you into the world you are reading about. The author's name is Rachelle Meade, and I admire her ability to create a world that makes you disappointed that it doesn't really exist.

-- 30 Jun 2014, 00:04 --

Hello,
My name is Amber. I have read all of the House Of Night books, and I promise you that you will want to read them as soon as possible. The best one is when Neferet's choices finally catch up to her. I won't tell you which one because I don't want to ruin the surprise for you, but read them soon they are one of the best vampire series that I have read, and I have read a lot. Next you should read Vampire Academy and Bloodlines they are amazing. You might look a little crazy at times laughing at a book, but it is an awesome series and totally worth people looking at you like you are fresh out of the loony bin. By the way how long have you been on this site? Are you also getting paid to do reviews? If you are could you tell me if you really got paid or not? I know there are a lot of scams out there and I don't need to be scammed into this. Thanks for your time and reading. This.....Amber
bondgrl001

Post by bondgrl001 »

The tale of the vampire bride and the vengeance of the vampire bride by Rhiannon Frater. Not your typical tale. Long novel worth every penny. Old school.
I am assuming most replies are high school/college age because of the chosen book series most replied with. Try this one. You won't regret it.
ANNEBELL

Post by ANNEBELL »

the best and funnest is Michele bardsley broken heart series,u will laugh so hard ,lots of steamy scenes,i got her hole collection :D
emilywagner
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilywagner.html

Post by emilywagner »

I just read Insatiable which was pretty good!
Brybear28
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brybear28.html
Latest Review: "Passive Income with Android" by Raj Patel
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Brybear28 »

laura_askew88 wrote:I recently finish the House of Night series (or what's been released to date). I believe it's intended for a younger audience,but I really like the story line.
This isn't just my favorite Vampire series, but my favorite series over all. They're meant to be young adult books, as you can tell by some of the scenes, mostly I'm the earlier books. Revealed's ending. I was not expecting that.
Latest Review: "Passive Income with Android" by Raj Patel
salberson 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salberson-10.html

Post by salberson 10 »

I LOVE THESE
Vampire Kisses - Ellen Schreiber; quick vamp read
House of Night Series - Kristin & P.C. Cast; quick ya
Anita Blake Series - Laurel K. Hamilton; adult erotic vamp and werewolf
Dark Series - Christine Feehan; adult erotic
Linda7228
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Blood Weddings by Federico Garcia Lorca
Currently Reading: Heist Society
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linda7228.html
Latest Review: "The Sham" by Ellen Allen
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Linda7228 »

Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill is my favorite so far. The series has a very strong female character, lots of humor, it has action and a bit of mystery. In my opinion is the most complete and a total fun read!
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
silvay77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvay77.html

Post by silvay77 »

I agree that Twilight and Vampire Diaries are on my list but I also like the ones from Anne Rice like Lestat, Queen of the Damned, Pandora among others. Those are really good and they give a good scare if your imagination runs wild like mine. I will give Vampire Academy a try.
han87
Favorite Book: When I find it I will tell you.
Currently Reading: Dune
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-han87.html
Latest Review: "Angel Guides, love communication" by Jan Porter
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by han87 »

For scariest vampire series it would be The Strain by Del Toro it was dark and rather macabre for my tastes but more in line with how I perceive vampires would be if they existed. Favorite series would probably be the Sookie Stackhouse books just for the humor and lightness the author manages to give the stories. That series was like peanut butter M & M's to me once I read the first few I didn't want to stop reading them.
Latest Review: "Angel Guides, love communication" by Jan Porter
Hanner3030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanner3030.html

Post by Hanner3030 »

As much hate as the series has gotten for it's new movie, the best vampire book series I've read is the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I've read everything from The Vampire Diaries to Twilight to House of Night. But for some reason this one has stuck out in my mind, probably because it puts a slightly darker spin on things and adds a level of royalty to the vampire idea.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Linda7228 wrote:Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill is my favorite so far. The series has a very strong female character, lots of humor, it has action and a bit of mystery. In my opinion is the most complete and a total fun read!
I am in the midst of this series right now. I can't seem to get enough of it, and am so happy that the books are still being written, (so many ending or ended series :cry: ).
If you'll forgive the pun I think this series has...Merit :P
Yeah, I knew that was going to be bad but I don't care.
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Linda7228
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Blood Weddings by Federico Garcia Lorca
Currently Reading: Heist Society
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linda7228.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Linda7228 »

Graverobber wrote:
Linda7228 wrote:Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill is my favorite so far. The series has a very strong female character, lots of humor, it has action and a bit of mystery. In my opinion is the most complete and a total fun read!
I am in the midst of this series right now. I can't seem to get enough of it, and am so happy that the books are still being written, (so many ending or ended series :cry: ).
If you'll forgive the pun I think this series has...Merit :P
Yeah, I knew that was going to be bad but I don't care.
Hahahah!That was great, I'm glad you like it. I just finished Blood Games I don't know which book you're reading right now but the endings keep getting better and better I can't wait for the next one :D
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
AMR84

Post by AMR84 »

The last vampire book I read was 3 months ago, it’s called “Let the right one in” by John Ajvide Lindqvist, he's a Swedish author who writes mostly horror novels and short stories.
The book is about a boy named Oscar who gets bullied at school and a youngling called Eli who only goes out at night and needs to be fed blood by a creepy dude everyone seems to think is its father. It has a pretty interesting plot, and sometimes it can get in a really dark and gloomy mood, so if you're a looking for a romance sort of book then stay away from this one, because it's as far away as twilight as it gets.
Neyra
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neyra.html

Post by Neyra »

Black dagger brotherhood by J.R.Ward

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”