Divergent series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
QuinnOHearn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Divergent series

Post by QuinnOHearn »

I loved the Hunger Games and for a while I thought no book would ever satisfy me like the Hunger Games....and then I read Divergent. The series is much bigger than The Hunger Games, which I loved because there was more to savour.
simply_joss
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simply-joss.html

Post by simply_joss »

I felt the same way after I finished reading Hunger Games. I tried reading a couple other dytopian themed books but none of them measured up to the Hunger Games. Them my friend introduced me to Divergent and I fell in love with it! I then went on to read Insurgent, the second book, which was just as great. I loved these books so much because they had the same foundation that Hunger Games has( dystopian, teen female lead,family issues) but it didn't try to remake the HG like a lot of other dystopian books. The HG was more suspensful, waiting to see what happends, while Divergent was more trying to figure out why the things were happening. Overall it was great.
ReganClaire
Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reganclaire.html

Post by ReganClaire »

Love love love this series. Can't wait for book 3, which i think is coming out next month.

And they're making a movie, which is coming in the spring (i think) or 2014 starring Shailene Woodley. I am way too excited for this.
Enigma
Favorite Author: S.E.Hinton
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading: Breathless by Scott Prussing
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enigma.html
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill

Post by Enigma »

Divergent series is way better than HG. It's in a league of its own. I wish I had found them after the author finished the series. I hate waiting for a fabulous book. Very excited to see the film. :-)
If I didn't write, I'd never sleep.

Up the Irons!!!
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill
summer101331
Favorite Author: Jk.Rowling
Favorite Book: Alone-Girl in abox
Currently Reading: several series
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer101331.html

Post by summer101331 »

I loved Divergent and although i thought it was amazing, i mean seriously blow your mind away, i don't think it overpasses The hunger games yet. but i'm happy it didn't try and copy the hunger games as other did.
Heather
Favorite Author: Diana Gabaldon
Favorite Book: Outlander series
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heather.html
Latest Review: "Differences" by Cristina Monro
fav_author_id: 2373

Post by Heather »

This series was referred to me by a friend, but then I found it in the teen section of the bookstore. I hear it's great, but I'm wondering if it's a series adults love as well? It's not the sort of thing I usually read, so I want to make sure it's worth it before going out and getting and spending my time on it.
Latest Review: "Differences" by Cristina Monro
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

I loved it. I'm an adult. But then again I love YA books.
If you also enjoy reading YA I'm certain you will enjoy these books.

Up the Irons!!!
Dphaber
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dphaber.html
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta

Post by Dphaber »

I loved Divergent. Still on the fence regarding Insurgent, but regardless I am absolutely THRILLED about Allegiant, very excited for the October release.
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Dphaber wrote:I loved Divergent. Still on the fence regarding Insurgent, but regardless I am absolutely THRILLED about Allegiant, very excited for the October release.
Thanks for the release date. I want to read the first two again before the new books. Thrilled about the film. Have you seen a trailer it looks awesome.

Up the Irons!!!
ErinLauray

Post by ErinLauray »

Super excited about the third book. Have any of you read the little short stories that go with the series? There are a couple out now and quite a few to come out before the film next spring.
Misaela
Currently Reading: Catch-22
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misaela.html
Latest Review: "A Wounded World" by Crit Kincaid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Misaela »

Wow! With so many good reviews, I think I'll read it too.
Latest Review: "A Wounded World" by Crit Kincaid
Gina77
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gina77.html
Latest Review: "The Texas Twist" by John Vorhaus

Post by Gina77 »

I really enjoyed this book and I'm excited to see where the series is going in book 3. I have no idea how things will end which is very exciting. I enjoyed the idea of factions and how they were supposed to make things more harmonious however they cause many complications the characters didn't for-see. I love reading books that have different societal structures and you can really see how the structure affects people motivations. Great series that I definitely recommend!
Latest Review: "The Texas Twist" by John Vorhaus
sharon_r

Post by sharon_r »

I can't wait for Allegiant, so happy that I only have to wait until October. I only read Divergent and Insurgent a few months ago. I had been putting them off as I as disappointed in all the dystopians I had read since HG. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed them. I think I read both of them in 3 or 4 days!! I'm not going to comment on whether I like it more than HG until I have read the finale.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Up the Irons!!!
Shadowed_Gates
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: Honest Illusions
Currently Reading: Moxie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadowed-gates.html
Latest Review: "How to Write Really Good Research Papers, Really Fast" by Bob Ward
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by Shadowed_Gates »

I remember hearing all the hype about the Hunger Games from so many people. I read it and was disappointed so I was a bit skeptical when I heard the same praise for the Divergent series. I must say, the Divergent series has so far been amazing. I love Tris as a real bad-ass heroine. The action and even the romance has this great edge to it. Really excited for Allegiant to arrive! Movie looks like its going to be awesome as well.
Latest Review: "How to Write Really Good Research Papers, Really Fast" by Bob Ward

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”