The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ashersHay
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

Post by ashersHay »

So i checked around and there isn't a topic for these books.

i'm currently reading them now, i'm on the 3rd book. would be great to talk about the books with others who've read them.
A24

Post by A24 »

I read the first 4 books and I did enjoy them but then all the evil and demons started to get to me. I still need to read the 5th book but not dying to. I will get to it eventually. It will be even more popular soon I'm sure as they are making a movie of the first book.
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
ashersHay

Post by ashersHay »

i loved the first two books and really got into them, but i'm about 1/3 into the 3rd book and it's just not having the same effect as the first two. im not dying to read it all the time.

yeah the movie is what promted me to read the books. i'm a jamie campbell bower fan... but i also love to read the book before seeing the movie so trying to get through all the books before the movie comes out.
A24

Post by A24 »

ashersHay wrote:i loved the first two books and really got into them, but i'm about 1/3 into the 3rd book and it's just not having the same effect as the first two. im not dying to read it all the time.

yeah the movie is what promted me to read the books. i'm a jamie campbell bower fan... but i also love to read the book before seeing the movie so trying to get through all the books before the movie comes out.
Yes, I would like to complete the series as well as I don't like to leave it hanging. I also like Jamie Campbell Bower but not sure he fits my mind's character of Jace. They will have to "toughen" him up a bit!
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
Natasha Gan

Post by Natasha Gan »

I've read all the books and I think they're amazing. Can't wait for the movie :D
cmw83
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Favorite Book: Game of Thrones
Currently Reading: Rush by Maya Banks
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by cmw83 »

I have read all the Mortal Instruments books and the prequels the Infernal Devices both series are pretty cool. If you liked the Mortal Instruments read the prequel "Clockwork Angel". It takes place in England in the 1800s. The novel has a steam punk feel. You see some characters or clues that connect the two series together. You can also see where Jace gets his charming personality from his ancestor Will. My favorite character is Magnus Bane. If you have a kindle Clare is making some short stories on Magnus Bane coming out between April or July.
ashersHay

Post by ashersHay »

A24 - i'm quite looking forward to see how he plays jace.

natasha gan - do they start to pick up again, because i must say book 3 has me loosing interest.

cmw83 - the prequels sounds good, especially clockwork angel, i love anything that takes place in a different time. also looking forward to these short stories, i like magnus and how straight to the point he is.

i actually need to find my kindle to get reading again.
joemharris

Post by joemharris »

Quest the Journey Within by Joe M Harris
Jessie83

Post by Jessie83 »

I have just started reading these, flew through the first two, and am onto the third, loving the series and all the characters. I just haven't had enough time to read the third at moment, but I plan to make up for that this weekend. I love Magnus Bane, Simon is improving on me, love Clary, and the Lightwood kids, aswell as Jace. Can't wait for the movie, not sure about Jonathon Rhys Meyers as Valentine but we will see.
kamrensmum
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: city of glass
Currently Reading: the pain merchants by janince hardy
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by kamrensmum »

I loved the first two books city of bones and city of glass so much i bought the whole series plus clockwork series im slowly reding and just love them any one else ever felt like that
jessheard2013

Post by jessheard2013 »

Cassandra Clare is a fantastic author, I have read all Five and I think the story lines are incredible! I would recommend then to anyone!
Knafela
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knafela.html

Post by Knafela »

AHHHHH! this is one of my very favorite book series. Clare does an excellent job of building the characters and keeping the plot interesting and exciting throughout the series. And to put a cherry on top this series is being a major motion picture and is intended to be released in August!! The only downside to books becoming movies is the lack of detail, plot, and character investment that can be packed into an hour something movie. With that being said, i'm still excited to see what Hollywood decided to do with C. Clare's masterpiece!

-A
MissFantasy93

Post by MissFantasy93 »

I met Cassandra Clare last thursday!!! Along with Sarah Rees Brennan AND...... Jamie Campbell Bower who will be showin portraying JACE WAYLAND in the upcoming Mortal Instruments Movie - City of Bones in August! He also portrayed Caius in Twilight!
SadMangaGirl

Post by SadMangaGirl »

I really love this series. I cant wait for the movie and the next books. I have the Magnas bane Chronicles that I am currently reading now.
jessmess
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessmess.html
Latest Review: "The Pool Theory" by Alexa Nazzaro

Post by jessmess »

I did really like these books...so happy to hear they're making them into a movie, although in my mind, the movie never quite does the book justice!
Latest Review: "The Pool Theory" by Alexa Nazzaro

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”