Beautiful Creatures

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
amber200419
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber200419.html

Re: Beautiful Creatures

Post by amber200419 »

I have read this series. Beautiful creatures was an overall good book I was surprised by the content. It was different than any of the books I have read. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars. From there the books just lost my interest it wasn't what I thought they were gonna be.
Kate_Emme
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-emme.html

Post by Kate_Emme »

Ah! I so dislike when I see a movie before I have read the book! That's life I guess. We watched the movie a few months ago, picking it just based on the trailer. I thought that it seemed like I was missing something while we were watching it, but still...

After reading the reviews here, it sounds like the first few books at least are worth reading, so I will have to add them to my list :)
krichardson
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krichardson.html

Post by krichardson »

Is this the same story as the movie Beautiful Creatures? I say the movie and thought the premise was good but did not feel the movie succeeded in convening anything. I hope the books are better.
Shellby85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shellby85.html

Post by Shellby85 »

I have the ebooks for these but I didn't want t start reading them because I hadn't heard anything about them
Glad I saw this now they are on my o read list lol
From_My_NiteStand

Post by From_My_NiteStand »

I have not had the chance to read this series yet. From the what I've been reading here though, I shall ask for them now!!! LOL
kczinn

Post by kczinn »

I've only read the first book so far, but I am hooked. I read the book in about a day (or tried to, I had to sleep sometime...). It was just so enthralling, there was always something going on, never really a dull moment. I can't wait to read the rest of the series and see what happens next!
Sarah1
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah1.html
Latest Review: "The Paranormal Gazette" by Anthony Bartholomew

Post by Sarah1 »

I really want to read this series. It's on my list. I love the whole paranormal romance thing.
"You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child." Dr. Seuss
Latest Review: "The Paranormal Gazette" by Anthony Bartholomew
Sunjay
Favorite Author: steinbeck
Favorite Book: All of them
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunjay.html
fav_author_id: 9851

Post by Sunjay »

I had just finished reading the series of Beautiful Creatures. I love it. I love reading the point of view of Ethan Wate instead of Lena Duchannes. I wanted to cry when Macon dies, I like noooooo eventually he did not died. Macon was my favorite character of them all. I wish there was a book of him that would give us his point of view. I was extremely happy Abraham dies, he had to die for causing a lot of trouble among families. I wish there was more of this series. I still have the thirst of wanting to know more of Macon. In my opinion Beautiful redemption had to be created due to Amma still owing a debt to the wheel of fate, Ethan fighting for his life, and Lena for changing her destiny. Such romance story could of not had finished with a terrible ending in Beautiful Chaos. This series thought me that everyone will betray you due to their own selfish reasons including your own family.
"Our love broke my heart, and stopped yours." Lemony Snicket
nottinghill15

Post by nottinghill15 »

Hey there. I see this post is from last year, but I want to tell my experience anyway. Me and my boyfriend saw the movie over a year ago and really liked it. Then I bought the 1st book for him, but he never read it cuz it was a bit boring for him. So I took the book from him and started reading it myself and it took me few months to finish it cuz I found it a bit boring at the begining, but the last chapters were so addictive that I just couldn't stop reading. So I downloaded the rest of the saga and this morning I finished the 2nd book and I LOVED IT. I'm so happy Macon is alive again :). I can't wait to star reading Beautiful Chaos tonight!

Btw I'm from south america so I've read them all in spanish :)
marinelc13

Post by marinelc13 »

This series is a good read for anyone who's looking into the supernatural romance, and it mixes history from the Civil War with the present era. It's interesting to see how the whole story unfolds as it reaches its climax, especially during Lena and Ethan's time apart, where he doesn't even remember their involvement.
MelDenton

Post by MelDenton »

I enjoyed this book series, but it isn't my favorite. In fact, I never finished the third book, Beautiful Chaos. But, despite that, I still hold the series in a good opinion. I like how it was simple but still descriptive, and the idea of the story was very good. Maybe I'll even get around to finishing the series.
lolripops
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolripops.html

Post by lolripops »

Beautiful Creatures, book one of The Caster Chronicles series, by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia.

I've heard many reviews for this book, both good and bad. In the end, I went out to the bookstores and bought the book anyway.

Beautiful Creatures is one of those major world building books. Usually with world building books, the content is usually blank, however with this book, things are different. People may think that it is all world building and Yes, that's partly true but it is also action packed and fast paced. With the world building the authors went through it very thoroughly and ensured that they didn't leave anything out. The writing style is mainly in the point of view of the male protagonist, Ethan Wate. Towards the end it is told from the point of the female protagonist, Lena Duchannes.

Throughout the book, one can tell a lot character development is taking place. By following the storyline we can see how much the characters really affect each other. Even the minor characters go through a lot of development. When comparing the characters from the start of the book to the end of the book, they are almost completely different people.
Hadiqa
Favorite Author: Infinite
Favorite Book: Hundreds
Currently Reading: How The Wolf Lost Her Heart by Sarah
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hadiqa.html

Post by Hadiqa »

I like this book, I havent read it but I have it in my reading list and iPad and plan to read it soon :) Will be back for discussion!
“We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.”
—Ernest Hemingway

Reading Now:
Nothing -_- Because of School
Janik
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janik.html

Post by Janik »

This is one of my least favorite books of all time unfortunately. I have all three books on my shelf and could only manage to finish the first one. The main character just wasn't believable as a male protagonist and the romance between he and Lena had no spark or intrigue. The writing itself wasn't terrible, but held no depth nor interest for me. All in all it was just a boring book in my opinion.
Jbennett96
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jbennett96.html

Post by Jbennett96 »

This was recommended to me by a friend and I had my doubts. So I started to read and wow. The way it surrounds you in this world of the supernatural trying to fit into a small country town is remarkable. I love how the names of the supernatural are different. Instead of the cliche witches you have casters. It is quite unique and the love story is touching.
One of the best series I have read and I'm upset more people didn't enjoy it.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”