Fablehaven - by Brandon Mull

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elteyr
Bookshelf Size: 0

Fablehaven - by Brandon Mull

Post by Elteyr »

I've heard good things about these books, does anyone have any light to shine on this series?
East

Post by East »

I have read all but the last book in this series. I thought they were great. The first book is a little boring, but after that, they get pretty cool. Writing style is a little juvenile, but I didn't mind. The use of mythical creatures is very interesting. Enjoy!
Elteyr

Post by Elteyr »

I look forward to reading them! thanks for your recommendation!
mhjames

Post by mhjames »

I have read them all and highly recommend them. I didn't think the first one was boring, just a little less action packed at first as them characters and world were introduced and established (which I find interesting). Have fun reading. You won't be disappointed.
rachel-reads

Post by rachel-reads »

I have read the first one (twice) and 1/2 of the second one. I really enjoyed them! They are more for kids, but I am sure anyone would enjoy them. The use of mythical creatures is very interesting and enjoyable!
rhea7553

Post by rhea7553 »

These are seriously my favorite books next to the Harry Potter books. They are that good! And it's not just a sequal of stories, each book builds on the last, develops the characters and delves you farther into their worlds. I've read them several times. A must read for all fantasy lovers!
serelonde
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serelonde.html

Post by serelonde »

I got the first one on sale when I had a gift card for the book store. I was just thinking of starting it. I'm glad that it comes highly recommended.
Derek Moore

Post by Derek Moore »

I read the first book several years ago and found myself uninterested by them. As an adult I cannot say how they might be received by a child, but I found them too easy and overdone. I've always believed that a good children's book is enjoyed by children and adult alike and are often understood better in adulthood. Sadly I just didn't find that to be the case with these books.
jsinard42
Favorite Author: Joseph delaney
Favorite Book: The Host
Currently Reading: Revenge of the Witch
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsinard42.html
fav_author_id: 6470

Post by jsinard42 »

They are definitely good, I like Mull's take on some of the classic creatures like trolls and such. It was an interesting read.
feyindie60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feyindie60.html

Post by feyindie60 »

Fablehaven was one of the first young teen series I read. It was surprisingly structured and very entertaining. A nice tale for a world where we must be prepared to expect anything.
wuilyl

Post by wuilyl »

Fablehaven is a great series to read, they are hard to put down! It starts slow in the first book, but the writing gets better in the later books.
hasmartz
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hasmartz.html

Post by hasmartz »

I just finished the first one, and I enjoyed it but wasn't terribly impressed. I'm glad to see that others found the later books more interesting. I'll have to look for the second one now. For those who have read them all: does the character development improve? It felt a little shallow at times to me.
dcolby

Post by dcolby »

Oh my goodness! I totally forgot about this series, thank you so much for posting this. I'm going to have to startbit over of course.This is a really great series if you want an easy fantasy read.
acasto
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 85">King's Warrior</a>
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acasto.html
Latest Review: "I can still hear what Grandma Said "Give me my flowers while I live"" by Sonya JW Lunsford

Post by acasto »

I have only read the first book, and I thought is was very well done. I can't wait to read the others, especially since they seem to be better than the first.
Latest Review: "I can still hear what Grandma Said "Give me my flowers while I live"" by Sonya JW Lunsford
Valerie_Joy
Currently Reading: Dragonfly in Amber
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-joy.html

Post by Valerie_Joy »

I have read all five of these books, and this is one of my favorite series. It has a fantastic plot line, and if you love fantasy books like I do, you will love this series. This is a very enjoyable series, I couldn't put the book down, I loved it that much.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”