Favorite Fantasy Book?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
joabe1028
Bookshelf Size: 7

Re: Favorite Fantasy Book?

Post by joabe1028 »

my favorite fantasy books is the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton.
Thestruggleisrea1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thestruggleisrea1.html

Post by Thestruggleisrea1 »

My favorite book is Dragon and Pheonix by Joanne Bertin. I have read it at least 10 times. Dragons are a particular favorite of mine in books
Maegan101
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maegan101.html
Latest Review: "Before the Cult" by Sandy Masia

Post by Maegan101 »

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind has been one of my favorite sets for a long time. My father showed the series to me and I loved it and charged through all the books. The series is really long though, thirteen or fourteen books I believe.
Latest Review: "Before the Cult" by Sandy Masia
fari30
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Post by fari30 »

Some of my favourite fantasy books are Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, Uprooted by Naomi Novik and Crimson Bound by Rosamond Hodge.
My weekend is all booked!
Hneite
Currently Reading: The Shadow Rising (Wheel of Time, #4)
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reading Device: B0B3PSRHHN

Post by Hneite »

It's Bridge of Birds by Barry Hughart. No doubt and i can't usually pick favorites.
Namrata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namrata.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Namrata »

I thought the Harry Potter series was equally good. Purelly packed with fantasy. But the above posts have given me good leads about other fantasy books. Thank you. Time to start exploring.
DragonTeethDice

Post by DragonTeethDice »

I honestly can't pick a favorite book. I can't even narrow it down to a series. I'm sitting next to my bookshelf right now, comparing The Videssos Cycle by Harry Turtledove with the Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher. Then I think about The Dark Border novels by Paul Edwin Zimmer. Then I remember my much younger self's fascination with Robert E. Howard's Conan. Nor can I ignore the obvious merits of Tolkien, or the brilliant Tolkienesque imitations by Dennis McKiernen. The list just keeps getting larger. How can I omit mentioning works by David Gemmel, Raymond Feist, Roger Zelazny, or Fritz Leiber? I feel like a glutton at potluck; trying to taste from every dish so as not to insult a cook - almost forgot Glen Cook and Mark Rogers (slurp). Favorite book? I can't even settle on a favorite author.
Mynxofhearts
Currently Reading: Icarus Rising
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mynxofhearts.html
Reading Device: B00REQKWGA

Post by Mynxofhearts »

I'm enjoying Laurell K Hamiltons books and I'm about to venture into Nalini_Singh
Jjnessie 33
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjnessie-33.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by Jjnessie 33 »

It's a toss up between Wicked and Minority report. they are both amazing books. Wicked by Gregory Maguire is the back story about the wicked witch of the west. Minority report is about a police section called pre crime. Where three people called precogs can see crimes before they happen.

-- 16 Oct 2016, 22:37 --

thats a difficult one there is just so many good ones to choose from I think it would have to be wicked or Harry Potter probably a typical answer but its the truth I like a wide range of books but fantasy is the best. once upon a curse is a good books too a interesting twist on a series that starts with a girl kissing a frog for him to become a prince.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Samsulli
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samsulli.html

Post by Samsulli »

I have never had the pleasure of reading The Hobbit, although I did love the movies. My favorite fantasy book would have to be The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. It is an amazing story that includes rebellion, love, and takes you on a psychological (and emotional) roller coaster for basically the entire book. And don't even get me started on the rest of the series... It's all just so good!
Adamandia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 17">bloody earth</a>
Currently Reading: Stalked by love
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamandia.html

Post by Adamandia »

The fever series by Karen Marie Moning.
VWheeler
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vwheeler.html

Post by VWheeler »

Ocean at the End of the Lane, by Neil Gaiman - I've read it six times and I always cry at the end. Gaiman is so lovely and charming, with just the right amount of dark to tell genuinely compelling stories. I've yet to find another author who can turn a flap of canvas into a truly creepy villain.
spense42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spense42.html

Post by spense42 »

Years ago I read a lot of fantasy, including the classics and more, but as I've grown older I find them much less interesting. I did, however, make it all the way through the Wheel of Time series, but haven't picked up much else in this genre since.
needmoresleep
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-needmoresleep.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by needmoresleep »

I'm going to pick The Goblin Wood by Hilari Bell, it's a kid trilogy however I mostly like the first book only. I actually reread that book so many times, thinking it was a standalone only to find out (years later) that it was a trilogy. I liked all 3 books but I have an esp soft spot for the first book :)
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Amore
Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amore.html

Post by Amore »

Riyria Revelations by Michael J. Sullivan. Thieves, royalty, murder, magic, dwarves, killer beasts, and an ancient secret. It was perfectly written. I was enthralled and will definitely reread in the future.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”