Official Review: Wisdom by Bonnie Watson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amie
Favorite Author: JK Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amie.html
Latest Review: "The Black Casket Legacy" by Bobbi Hughes-Millman

Official Review: Wisdom by Bonnie Watson

Post by Amie »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wisdom" by Bonnie Watson.]
Book Cover for 9781458359476
Share This Review

Alright, so we have this boy Keith. In a magical world. He’s supposed to be a smart kid, apparently. He picks up a flute and plays a song at (I think age five?) like the gifted child he is. He goes from a child with parents to an orphan before you even get to know him.

The characters are as real as a slap in the face and the plot isn’t so thick that it’s unfollowable. Descriptions of places and actions never left me feeling that I was being drowned in hyperbole. While it’s a given that some authors count words and add the money, I’m safe in saying that Miss Watson spent more time worrying about the tale than the tally.

Nobody paints a picture like Bonnie Watson. That goes for her beautiful cover art as well as her settings. Bonnie describes a setting like a painting - layers of color, detail, and warmth. You can't help but feel drawn in by the depth of her prose and the intimacy with which she draws her characters. Wisdom is a book you won't be able to put down, and a book you'll pick up again and again so that you can return to her magical world.

This one was quite engaging. Each character is unique. They have depth that isn't found in a lot of modern novels, and motivations that the reader can identify with. Creative plot twists keep the story alive. This novel is worth a read; I can guarantee you will find something new and unexpected that will get your gears turning. Wisdom is a thoroughly enjoyable book. I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the trilogy with eager anticipation.

I give this book 3 stars out of 4.

Buy "Wisdom" on Amazon
Buy "Wisdom" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "The Black Casket Legacy" by Bobbi Hughes-Millman
SWinright
Favorite Author: Ellen Hopkins
Favorite Book: Identical by Ellen Hopkins
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swinright.html
fav_author_id: 3134

Post by SWinright »

Not usually my type of genre, but the review you gave make the plot and main character seem interesting enough for me to give it a try.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”