Boys of The Great BB Gun War by David J. Agostine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HateToWin
Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hatetowin.html
Latest Review: "DIGGING A HOLE IN THE GROUND and other design classics" by Niall Hedderman
fav_author_id: 2456

Boys of The Great BB Gun War by David J. Agostine

Post by HateToWin »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of Boys of "The Great BB Gun War" by David J. Agostine.]
Book Cover for 9781468079319
Share This Review

Boys of The Great BB Gun War focuses on a young group of boys as they form a club to train for future wars and get other kids to join them, but when they take things to far in a practice battle against another group of kids, adults get involved and try to take revenge on them.

Marcus is one of the main characters, and the story is told from his perspective, he is the stabilizing character of the group, and is often the one trying to defuse any tense situations.

Joel, one of Marcus' best friends, has idolized Adolf Hitler ever since he read Mein Kampf at age ten, and carries a paperback copy of it in his back pocket and often quotes from it. He also collects Nazi memorabilia, such as flags, medals, and insignias.

Brad is the oldest member of the group and often tries to take the role of leader, he driving force behind alot of the stuf they do, and is the one who started the Freedom's Faction club.

I found this story very compelling, and no matter how much I wanted to hate the characters at times for some of the things they said and did, i always found myself rooting for them instead. All of the characters personalities were deep and ever evolving as they grew up throughout the story. There was never a dull moment, I constantly wanted to know what would happen next and I couldn't put the book down.

I feel the book would hold up extremely well without any of the science fiction, and doesn't need it for the most part.

The book has great characters that you get attached to and constantly find yourself rooting for. The story is well written and keeps you wanting more the whole way through, and I found myself constantly wanting to read more of it. I give it 4 stars out of 4, and highly recommend you read it.

Buy "Boys of The Great BB Gun War " on Amazon (available in paperback and Kindle edition)
Buy "Boys of The Great BB Gun War " on Barnes and Noble (available in paperbook and Nook edition)

Use this topic to discuss "Boys of The Great BB Gun War" or to comment on the above review by HateToWin.
Latest Review: "DIGGING A HOLE IN THE GROUND and other design classics" by Niall Hedderman
Giga51087
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giga51087.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Giga51087 »

An interesting book i will keep it in my tab until i can get it.

This kind of book remember me the movies of my childhood likewise the sandloot or the goonies. A lot of fun and action but also the inner grow of the characters. the kind of movies that makes you truly value your chilldhood and remember it wen you are an adult.

So we have a potential good story and plot. Looks like a good one to read.
Ogoskino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogoskino.html
Latest Review: adventured of columbus daniel by Columbus daniel

Post by Ogoskino »

I wonder how far the boys went in their practice battle to warrant an intervention from the adults. I don't think this is one for me though. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”