Columbine by Dave Cullen

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MysticRyan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Columbine by Dave Cullen

Post by MysticRyan »

So I finished reading Columbine by Dave Cullen a few weeks ago and it was really good. I've always had an interest in analyzing killers. Just to understand their motives and how their emotions are towards society and the people around them.

Spree killers in particular are even more interesting, since it's just a straight up rampage and onslaught until they are ultimately stopped by police, or in Columbines case, the killers themselves. I'm still blown away at how in depth the book goes into the minds of Dylan and Eric. How they had planned their killing spree for a year, and all the footage they recorded of themselves firing their guns and just showing no remorse for what they were planning.

I'm still pretty young, at the time of the shooting, I was too young to know or care about world news. Where were you guys when the shooting happened?
Anyone else read the book?
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

I am reading it right now, and even though I have read so much about this horrible day, I realized right away that there was so much more that went on that I was completely unaware of (which is expected being that there were 2000 kids attending Columbine High School). I am a high school teacher. When I hear about shootings in schools, it breaks my heart. I am really happy with my decision to read this book, but I have had to take breaks here and there to allow myself time to absorb it all.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”