The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashley07
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley07.html
Latest Review: "The Lost Tribe" by Peter Ivey

Re: The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins

Post by Ashley07 »

I loved the series! From the 1st to the very last (I was bummed to see it end) it held my interest the entire time. Unfortunately I was rooting for the wrong boy, thankfully the romance was only a small part of the series. There was so much adventure, trials and unexpected developments. It had a few more low moments then I was expecting for a YA book but all the same I couldn't wait to see where the story went next. The descriptions are so thorough I had no problem imagining the world. I finished the series before seeing any of the movies.
Latest Review: "The Lost Tribe" by Peter Ivey
MeganebuKris22
Favorite Author: Too many to name
Favorite Book: Too many to name
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner Series
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meganebukris22.html
Latest Review: "Petty Offenses and Crimes of the Heart" by Mitchell Waldman

Post by MeganebuKris22 »

Fantastic book series!! :D Probably one of the best that I've read! I would even say that the book series is better than the movies, but I love the movies too since I'm a huge Jennifer Lawrence fan :P anyone who loves the movies just HAS to read the books otherwise their really missing out on something AMAZING! Now here's my question to you: Team Peeta or Team Gale? Lol
Latest Review: "Petty Offenses and Crimes of the Heart" by Mitchell Waldman
TheBookMaven
Favorite Author: Jean M. Auel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebookmaven.html
Latest Review: "The Colors of Friendship" by K. R. Raye
fav_author_id: 3709

Post by TheBookMaven »

I liked the series enough to read it twice, but to be honest, I was disappointed in the third book. I don't want to give away any storyline, but I just felt like the ending of the series was kind of a letdown, and not nearly as good as it should have been considering how well the stories were written.
Never judge a book by its movie
Latest Review: "The Colors of Friendship" by K. R. Raye
catcothern
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catcothern.html

Post by catcothern »

This was by far the best series I have ever read. While it had a little bit of a love story it definitely was not the focal point. Each book built on the other and got more complicated until you were finally able to breathe again at the end of book 3. AMAZING SERIES!!
Lturnbow78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lturnbow78.html

Post by Lturnbow78 »

My wife and I read the entire series with our kids as family time. All of greatly enjoyed all of the books and have discussed the differences between the novels and movie adaptations.
Kalani08
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalani08.html

Post by Kalani08 »

Loved this series despite the controversy. My dad really hated the idea of the books though.
Adonis Maratos
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Favorite Book: thief of time
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adonis-maratos.html
Latest Review: "All myths and facts about Sri Ganesh" by Raja Bhowmik
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by Adonis Maratos »

I read the whole series and honestly I liked it but with some guilt because i knew it wasn't very great writing and it felt like she just took overly cheesy and cliche things because they would sell and it worked out really well, nobody can blame her on that. I also felt like the whole idea was 'stolen' because i remember seeing a movie with a very similar scenario a few years back. Then again it's difficult to come up with something entirely knew, someone might argue that everything that there was to say has already been said through the centuries non the less, the books had me really intrigued and I read them very fast so I have to say it's a very successful series and mysteriously well-written.
"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence; therefore is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle
Latest Review: "All myths and facts about Sri Ganesh" by Raja Bhowmik
ToniLynnLupton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonilynnlupton.html

Post by ToniLynnLupton »

Loved it...love the movies even more...can't wait for the next one in November!
Wonderwoman7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wonderwoman7.html

Post by Wonderwoman7 »

Honestly, i was in love with this book.specially with its love triangle. Suzanne made me get stuck in her book's world and i loved every moment of it !
Rachael_dd

Post by Rachael_dd »

I really liked these books. i thought they were well writen, they had me on the edge of my seat and some of the time i was blindsided by what happend. i would reccommend the series
The Bookaholic
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookaholic.html
Latest Review: "Caught Between Two Curses" by Margo L. Dill

Post by The Bookaholic »

I have read it and enjoyed it but the series is now so huge and famous, everyone is talking about it. I thought they were interesting if rather morbid ideas.
Latest Review: "Caught Between Two Curses" by Margo L. Dill
Shellby85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shellby85.html

Post by Shellby85 »

I had to read the books before I watched the movie
Glad I did because I enjoyed them better then the movie and if i Had of seen it first I wouldn't of read them
Leah_jmoser
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah-jmoser.html

Post by Leah_jmoser »

I enjoyed the first book, thought that the second book was interesting but not as good as the first, and disliked the the third book completely! I would recommend this serious only for the fact it is written well and you get really attached to the characters. However I quite enjoyed the divergent series. I think that series has a great plot the main character is more interesting and doesn't okay the "victim" as much and she works on her weakness. The story is written well, the plot is great, you get attached the characters in a different way. Tis the best series after the Harry potter series, in my opinion.
DebByrne+43
Favorite Author: Harlan Coben
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Currently Reading: The Storyteller
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyrne-43.html
fav_author_id: 3782

Post by DebByrne+43 »

I have read all the books and have seen the movies. It is a fantastic series. Out of the 3 books, the second was my least favorite but still thought it was good.
aortegon

Post by aortegon »

i read the first book and really enjoyed it. i haven't gotten around the reading the other two but i plan to

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”