The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tashinam18
Favorite Author: Shannon Hale
Favorite Book: Goose Girl
Currently Reading: The Iron King
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tashinam18.html
fav_author_id: 4972

Re: The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins

Post by tashinam18 »

i loved the books! the third is my all time favorite. I could not put it down!
OregonGirl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oregongirl.html

Post by OregonGirl »

I really liked the first book but had a hard time getting through Catching Fire and Mockingjay. The repetition is hard to take when there is no character development that seems to happen throughout Catching Fire. Mockingjay was a sad ending, in which I almost felt like the author no longer cared about many of the main characters and was just going for shock value.
ReadManiac
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readmaniac.html

Post by ReadManiac »

Not only do I love the movies,but the books are just outstanding and way better. It has so much details and character progress. And for all you feminist out there,this is the book for you. It's a female protagonist fighting for what is right and trying her best to gain freedom for herself and the people around her. She has so much determination and bravery;she's just perfect! Now there are a lot of tragic events,but that just makes the book series more realistic and interesting. Did I mention there is a love triangle too.....? Well yep,there is one and it has everyone going crazy on who she's going to pick. Team Gale,or team Peta...? You'll just have to read it to find out.
drwcroaker
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Brothas from Anotha Motha
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drwcroaker.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B07XR7CPXG
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by drwcroaker »

I just re-read the first three books, before reading the prequel, Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, that was just released following the origin story of President Snow. I like all the books, but the first one, Hunger Games, is the best. Katnis is a great character. She just wants to be left alone but the government keeps pushing her and she won’t go down without a fight. The love triangle between Katniss, Peeta, and Gale puts Katnis is some precarious situations, but it is a little over the top at times. The book is definitely a page turner, and one I will come back to again and again.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

drwcroaker wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 00:24 I just re-read the first three books, before reading the prequel, Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, that was just released following the origin story of President Snow. I like all the books, but the first one, Hunger Games, is the best. Katnis is a great character. She just wants to be left alone but the government keeps pushing her and she won’t go down without a fight. The love triangle between Katniss, Peeta, and Gale puts Katnis is some precarious situations, but it is a little over the top at times. The book is definitely a page turner, and one I will come back to again and again.
I've just reread the first book for the same reason! I'm hoping to read the prequel soon too. What did you think of the prequel?
princia nadege
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by princia nadege »

I just started the first book last night. I wanted to read it before the movie came out. It has been on my list for awhile. I'm not sure what I hadn't started it before. I had too many other things to read first I suppose. I loaned the ebook to my mom, who read it over the weekend. She loved it and said she's pretty sure I will also. I'll get back to you all about that in a few days when I'm finished. :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”