• Welcome to the Book and Reading Forums! If you are already a member, please log in. Otherwise, please join by registering now! It's quick, easy and completely free!

Frankenstein: Or the modern Prometheus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.

Frankenstein: Or the modern Prometheus

Post Number:#1  Postby Artdude » 28 Nov 2011, 12:39

I had to give it it's full name: more people should. I think it's very important, if only for the sound of it.

Re-read this last night, and had forgotten how truly fantastic it was. Very interested in the contrast between 'light and dark', 'creator and creation', and (then) new world science. Brilliantly written, if only for the bit where Victor Frankenstein wakes up and the monster is looming above him. Just fantastic.

Thoughts people, thoughts.
Artdude

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Frankenstein: Or the modern Prometheus

Post Number:#2  Postby michelet3005 » 14 Nov 2012, 19:08

I read this book in high school. I actually did a comparison between this and Forrest Gump. I think it's totally amazing. It's disappointing 'Hollywood' got a hold of it and turned the Frankenstein Monster into a terrible idiotic creature. I was so in love with this book. I really connected with the Frankenstein Monster. His desire to be loved and accepted, his dispair when society rejected him, his anger for revenge. It's such a well written book. Even though it was written so long ago I would recommend this to anyone.
michelet3005

Re: Frankenstein: Or the modern Prometheus

Post Number:#3  Postby anijoan » 15 Nov 2012, 00:19

I have read this while completing my bachelor's degree in Biophysics. This is an absolutely brilliant insight into the world of creation, responsibility, technological advance and its consequences. We strive to keep pushing the boundaries of nature and call it achievement, but our creations contain destructive powers that we cannot contain once set in motion. Incredible read !
anijoan

• Featured Book