Double Review

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Booklover83
Bookshelf Size: 0

Double Review

Post by Booklover83 »

Hi Everyone!

I have finished a couple of books since my last post in here and decided to do a double review. The first book is "Druids" by Morgan Llywelyn, and the second book is "Sins of the Heart" by Eve Silver. They are below. Enjoy!

Druids

This one took me a little over a week to read but it was a good story. As someone who comes from the Celtic heritage I enjoyed the story not only from a writing standpoint but also from a more familial standpoint. Of course, there were liberties taken I am sure. Not much to say on this particular novel unfortunately but I will say it did go through peaks and valleys when it came to action vs latency. I would recommend the book to those who like historical type novels it was fun to see what may have happened in the Druid Groves way back when.

Sins of the Heart

This was given to me to borrow and read by my good friend Ally. I started it then had to put it down for almost a week so I could start and adjust to a new job. When I picked it back up on a day off I plowed through the rest of it in that day. What an awesome read! I found the characters engaging, and the story to be very interesting. I am looking forward to starting the second book in the series tonight and plowing through that as well. The only issue I had was the intimate scenes got to be a bit numerous at times. If they had been spaced out a bit more, it would have been a bit more palatable. All in all, a great read! Thank you Ally!

2012 Challenge Update:

I have been rethinking my January theme again and I am going to ask for a Kindle with a keyboard for Christmas but if I do not ask for it or do not happen to receive one I am going to make January a month of grabbing what is on my shelf and reading that no matter the author, or type of book. All other months will be the same. I am also asking for or will be purchasing a webcam to upload challenge videos to YouTube I think. I am not sure 100% on that yet, but it looks like it could be fun. I just want to be safe with it so if I just record them in my room against a wall, I will be able to keep myself safe. I am actually really excited about the challenge!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”