Tom Drury - The End of Vandalism

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mel Carriere
Bookshelf Size: 0

Tom Drury - The End of Vandalism

Post by Mel Carriere »

A friend of mine recently gave me "The End of Vandalism" by Tom Drury. It took a little while to get into it, but I find it an extremely enjoyable read and highly amusing. Has anybody else out there sampled this book and this author?
Hannellene

Post by Hannellene »

This book certainly is a unique, enjoyable read. The story doesn't take place in the real world.
Mel Carriere

Post by Mel Carriere »

No, It takes place in an imaginary county of Iowa. If you are from the midwest, then you can relate to it. It is absolutely shocking how mundane our existence is. Being from the hillbilly portions of the west, I have been in small towns like this, which are like separate solar systems. But when you live in California or other civilized regions of the country, you forget how different life is out in the sticks. The plot of this story is nothing less than life itself, which I find fascinating. This novel is not far from the truth at all. In fact, it may be closer to the truth than life itself.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”