Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Carla Hurst-Chandler
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Pirzig
Favorite Book: Zen and the Art...
Currently Reading: The Lost Landscape
Bookshelf Size: 124

Re: Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom

Post by Carla Hurst-Chandler »

If you love TWM...you MUST read "In my own words" by Morrie himself. So inspiring!!! What a human being!
“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
southernphoenix79
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-southernphoenix79.html

Post by southernphoenix79 »

I found this at my favorite thrift store and it goes on the list as one of the best quarters I ever spent. I haven't finished it yet, but I carry the paperback with me and whenever I get a minute I pull it out. It looks like it may be in my 'First Aid for My Soul Kit' along with The Last Lecture.
gpkipling
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpkipling.html

Post by gpkipling »

I have read this book twice and seen the movie...The actors chosen in this movie for the book were right on target. Would watch it again.
sam183

Post by sam183 »

Mitch Album is a good author. He writes inspirational heart touching books. His books are always filled with quotes that immediately make you say "wow"....Tuesdays was a good read. I wish I had a teacher like that
djsa45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djsa45.html

Post by djsa45 »

I read this book years ago but I do remember I enjoyed it very much.
KatieReads
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiereads.html

Post by KatieReads »

I honestly didn't expect much from this book at first. I had to read it my senior year in high school and it just sounded boring. But I loved it! Such a touching and amazing story. One I will never forget!

I would suggest it to anyone!
ginarosada+95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginarosada-95.html

Post by ginarosada+95 »

Tuesdays with Morrie is such a great book! I would recommend it to everyone, not just older individuals becuase we should appreciate life throughout our whole lives.

-- 30 Nov 2013, 13:20 --

Honestly I think this book should be read about once a year so that every time more of its philosophy is introduced into our every day lifestyles.
heather ahern
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heather-ahern.html

Post by heather ahern »

"Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom delicately shows the lifelong bond between a teacher and his student in a beautiful way. Spending time with each other which the teacher fades into his last days gives a gentle reminder about the imprint that people can leave in the world and in the lives of those around them.
Kwelch0212

Post by Kwelch0212 »

Tuesdays with Morrie is by far one of my favorite books. It is probably the only book that I have ever read multiple times and have a worn out copy of. In high-school I even aspired to attend Brandies University, Morrie's alma mater, and study psychology. I read this book for the first time during ninth grade I believe, and to this day still find myself pulling out quotes to relate to current psychology classes I take today. Morrie is my inspiration in life, he was a strong, thoughtful, loving man. This is one of those books I believe every student should have to read.
Mrsjackiefann
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsjackiefann.html

Post by Mrsjackiefann »

I loved this book. I've tried to get my 15 year old to read it, because I think the overall theme of the book is just so touching. Teens these days, at least in my experience lack the empathy for others around them.
mduchene
Currently Reading: Good to Great
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mduchene.html

Post by mduchene »

After a member of our family was diagnosed with ALS, I was recommended to read this book due to the topic, but it was the story and writing that had me unable to put it down. Albom has an easy to follow writing style that makes his novels accessible to most readers, and the story hit home with messages of love, regret, and overall life lessons, shared by a mentor and guiding force in Albom's life. A fabulous read, and a story to keep in your collection.
kgcicero
Favorite Book: Tuesday with morrie
Currently Reading: The Lonely Hearts of Book Club
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kgcicero.html
Latest Review: High Crimes Against the Crown by Patrick DeVaney

Post by kgcicero »

I was recently at a book club meeting and we did a book swap. Another woman in the group gave me this book, which had been passed down through various people who all left their thoughts on the book in letters. I think this is a very cool concept and was very excited to read it.

As I got into the book, I really appreciated all of the lessons this book brings forward. So often people form relationships that they soon forget. This book brought another perspective on how short life can be and how even the smallest things can go a long way in helping others.

This book also brings a lot of thought and appreciation for things I know I myself have taken for granted such as, walking, eating, etc. I thought it was very admirable how Morrie despite his physical challenges still goes out of his way to help others around him in any way he can. I hope to pass this book along so others can see this other perspective on life as well.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”