The Sleeping Beauty Review-Read in One Afternoon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Booklover83
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Sleeping Beauty Review-Read in One Afternoon

Post by Booklover83 »

This was a short read but a bit different than the animated version. It was a good retelling of the original story and very interesting to note the changes such as the number of fairies listed as well as the 100 year old curse. It moves quickly but it was nice for an afternoon read. I read this on my kindle app for android.
Hannellene

Post by Hannellene »

it's great
anu_
Currently Reading: Idiot by Fyodor

Post by anu_ »

The fairy tales have an amazing ability to dissipate worries and can transport one to a fantasy world, even if for just a few minutes. Thinking about sleeping beauty has rekindled the memories of my care free days. I would love to read it again, at least to see the effect it can create at present.
"Children were playing when Holston climbed to his death" Wool by Hug Howey
utopiadream

Post by utopiadream »

Fairy tales like the sleeping beauty let us get away from our worries and be in a magical land for a while, I like it..even though I'm a guy..
anu_
Currently Reading: Idiot by Fyodor

Post by anu_ »

All of us have a dormant child-like innocence buried deep inside tough practical mask, we like to put on, when we grow up. I think, fairy tales instantly connect with this hidden child and once again we are transported back into the magical world of fantasy and imagination. In this ethereal heaven, gender hardly matters :)
"Children were playing when Holston climbed to his death" Wool by Hug Howey
Booklover83

Post by Booklover83 »

utopiadream wrote:Fairy tales like the sleeping beauty let us get away from our worries and be in a magical land for a while, I like it..even though I'm a guy..
I have been enjoying some classics lately and there is a place for my challenge next year for classic books to be read for a month. I agree with the poster below you though, gender has no meaning when you are reading a classic that brings you back to childhood.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”