Brave New World

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Poetomachia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Brave New World

Post by Poetomachia »

I just finished this book yesterday, and seeing as I don't have anyone within a fifty mile radius to talk to, I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to talk about it? It's such an amazing book...
Vogin

Post by Vogin »

How come there are no people in the wilderness but you do have Internet connection? :)

I can't help you out though, all I can say is I'm trying to make me read it since it ought to be somewhat similar to 1984 and I adore that one.
Pigs on the Wing

Post by Pigs on the Wing »

It's an amazing book, I loved when I read it
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Aldous Huxley is wonderful! He was right about the dehumanising aspects of scientific progress. Have you thought about reading his book "Brave New World Revisited" written 26 years later?
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Timea
Favorite Author: Edgar A. Poe
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =1580">The Dimension Scales and Other Stories</a>
Currently Reading: Arhipelagul Gulag I
Bookshelf Size: 242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timea.html
Latest Review: "Murder Inc." by Christian Cipollini

Post by Timea »

I saw the movie... and it's pretty bad, but I can tell that the book is great, plus, I only heard good thing about it.
Latest Review: "Murder Inc." by Christian Cipollini
pagenumber394
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pagenumber394.html

Post by pagenumber394 »

This book was so weird. I just finished it about a month ago. I think it was very advanced for its time. I feel the writing was not as smooth as I wanted it to be. I felt there was a huge leap in the story and I did not know how I got from point A to point B.

I like when books take the time to paitn and image and to explain things. This book was short, and I felt it left out certain details. However, I did enjoy Brave New World. I still need to read 1984.
alierae
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alierae.html

Post by alierae »

I read this in high school and absolutely loved it, I love anything futuristic and this definitely suited my tastes. I just recently finished reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, and if you enjoyed reading Brave New World because of the futuristic theme, you will definitely love this book as well.
Meredith Troiano
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meredith-troiano.html

Post by Meredith Troiano »

This was my "gateway book." It brought back my love of reading that disappeared for a while during high school. (Who makes those reading lists?!)
KairaReads88
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kairareads88.html

Post by KairaReads88 »

When I first read this book I definitely did not appreciate it. I was required to read it my sophomore year of high school and it was slightly disturbing as well as a very confusing. However I just went back to read it and I loved it! It was hard to imagine the idea that I did not appreciate the novel until after high school. This book was insightful and gave a whole other way of viewing the world. definitely would recommend this to anyone!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”